When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia P  (Read 20485 times)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
I'm staying with a friend so.....you guys better get your room asap!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
I'll need Sunday to travel back to my college for I class Monday morning
what I think you meant to say is "I need to skip class Monday to recover from the awesome weekend I will be having"

correct me if I'm wrong

Teams usually isn't that long anyway.  If it's starting early at 1pm, you will have time to participate.  I have class monday morning and leaving too, so. 

Anyway found a place to stay (but not in the hotel, so unfortunately I can't lug my setup over), thank you Chris.  Be ready to lose at Tanto★
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:15:34 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
Oh, Komidol, you can still bring your setup (if you want to) -- there is more than enough space at my place but we would have to lug it back and forth.

I'm helping with Arcana setups -- I could bring my PC setup for Melty if we needed one... I'd just have to... clean up my computer a bit. :<
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
We need more setups, we only have one confirmed so far
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Thanks PC release, thanks~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
I can commit to bringing my PC, but I'm not sure of my monitor's delay -- it may be more than what people want to deal with. I think I  may need someone to bring a monitor too...
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Any delay is unacceptable for tournament.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
There will always be a delay. But that's semantics  :nyoro:
I'm planning on running arcana on CRTs, if I get two setups per game we will be set.
I have two PS3s for Arcana, so that's fine. It seems that we have a confirmed setup between Nadakai's PC and Comics Monitor.
Is there anyone else who can bring a "lagless" setup? my local venue has a set of six Asus monitors, but they're not mine so they're not mine to take.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
I wil bring you guys some tv's.

Let's go everyone step up.

I was looking like I would have to move you guys to another room, but that's not the case anymore.

You guys will have your own room.

Weds at 5:30pm is the last day to get your hotel discount.

Eddie please post your start times for everything please.

Im trying to get some special prizes for you guys.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
NAMCO Special Event

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and it's the start of the new tournament season in the Fighting Game Community. With the New Year comes New Hype and Big E Gaming and FINAL ROUND LLC are teaming up to get the season started on the right note! WinterBrawl 6 (Feb 18 and 19 of 2012 in Philadelphia, Pa.) will be an Official Qualifier tournament for FINAL ROUND 15 (March 2, 3, and 4 of 2012 in Atlanta, Ga.) inSOULCALIBUR V where the top 16 players at Winter Brawl 6 will recieve seeding at FINAL ROUND 15. The winners of the SOULCALIBUR V tournament will recieve free badge and tournament entry at FINAL ROUND 15. Big E Gaming will provide the winner of SOULCALIBUR V a round trip flight to compete in the main event at FINAL ROUND 15. In addition to the SOULCALIBUR V qualifiers/tournaments, players and spectators will also be able to play the newest version of TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 on an official Arcade Cabinet at Winter Brawl 6 and FINAL ROUND 15. Reserve your tickets now and "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE".

Special thanks to our Sponsor NAMCO BANDAI Games for supporting the FGC at our events as they will be providing a $1000 prize bonus to the SOULCALIBUR V tournament at Winter Brawl 6 and $5000 prize bonus to SOULCALIBUR V at FINAL ROUND 15! "The lifespan of any competitive game is all about quality of the games and the community behind it. All we want to do is to be supportive of of these tournaments, organizers and most of all the players - " says NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager Rich "FilthieRich" Bantegui . Don't miss out on either one of these amazing events and start the new tournament season off with a HUGE BANG! Both events will be here before you know it, so start planning to attend both of these great events in the FGC! Online pre-registration are live for both events.

You can get all of your tournament info for Winter Brawl 6 at the following:
http://www.necphilly.com
http://www.necphilly.com/archives/gvn-winter-brawl-vi-online-venue-and-game-registration/

And players if your planning going to Power UP in April i have some special new for later today.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Start times got posted last page

Melty Blood Singles
Saturday, February 18th starting at 2:30PM (run concurrently with Arcana Heart 3 Singles)

Melty Blood Teams
Sunday, February 19th starting at 1:00PM (run concurrently with Arcana Heart 3 Teams)

The reason we need an extra monitor is because MBAACC is running on PCs, and we need to output to a monitor not a TV. Ah3 can run on a crt, thats no problem at all.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
Alright if we really need it, I can bring one computer monitor. 

It's the least I can do for having to cancel bringing my setup.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Anyone have a crashable room?

Also going to need pickup from fob bus spot in Philly...

Yeah, last minute but did you really not see this coming?

If "no" then OH WELLS and I'll see people in St. Elsewhere (i.e. on the internet)

(also, wtf is this venue fee about? jesus)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:48:18 AM by ZARbon »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
Good Luck to everyone attending WB6. I'll be getting my stream creep on spooky and jaxel streams.
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
I wil bring you guys some tv's.

Let's go everyone step up.

I was looking like I would have to move you guys to another room, but that's not the case anymore.

You guys will have your own room.

Weds at 5:30pm is the last day to get your hotel discount.

Eddie please post your start times for everything please.

Im trying to get some special prizes for you guys.

:laffo:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
is it worth it to bring a monitor if my computer is not up to tournament standards? It's naturally way better to play a monitor than a laptop screen, I dunno if all the people bringing decent computers/laptops will have monitors with them, anyone bringing a decent laptop but no monitor?
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Who exactly is running this anyway?

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
My monitor doesn't have a VGA cable, just the standard HDMI.  Is this an issue?

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
Who exactly is running this anyway?

:P

PaperTigre is!

My monitor doesn't have a VGA cable, just the standard HDMI.  Is this an issue?

Shouldn't be an issue I'm thinking!

Also, AFAIK, we have one desktop setup (mine), with a Evo monitor (Comic's). I still think we need one more full setup.

Tigre, can you comment on this?

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
CT is bringing two setups supposedly, I heard one is netplay and ass though

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Anyone have a crashable room?

Also going to need pickup from fob bus spot in Philly...

Yeah, last minute but did you really not see this coming?

If "no" then OH WELLS and I'll see people in St. Elsewhere (i.e. on the internet)

(also, wtf is this venue fee about? jesus)

:laffo:

Also since this is on PC now, for the love of god, can someone record tournament matches PLEASE, console was understandable but there's a save feature so there's really no excuse this time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:58:01 AM by Malik »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Where do you take the buses to Philly anyway?

I MUST KNOW

Also Paper I want to help you run everything once I get there.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:21:30 AM by F9|Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Who's going to be at the hotel TONIGHT?

I want games.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Where do you take the buses to Philly anyway?

I MUST KNOW

Also Paper I want to help you run everything once I get there.
You must first defeat finding a bus to Philly. (They generally go to Chinatown, so you would need to hop at Market East or 30th St to the Airport).
Ask me when when we're there about running stuff. I need to see how many people are there. There are many words I have to say on this topic. Not on the forums.  :nyoro:
That's why it's cool.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Just a final reminder,
Singles: Saturday 2:30pm. I will be starting signups at 1:30pm.
Teams: Sunday 1:00pm. I will be starting signups at 12 noon.

Please be there early, I don't want to hear bitching because you were late and couldn't sign up.

I personally will be there around 9am tomorrow to get everything rolling, if you want to show up to help or whatever I'll be there.

As far as replays. i'm going to ask everyone to save their replays (name them x vs y or something that won't be obnoxious to go through later). I'll collect them on a thumb drive or my phone and record them over a few days after WB.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:48:50 PM by Aigis »
That's why it's cool.