hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Philadelphia, PA] NEC XII: December 03, 2011 - December 04, 2011

Author Topic: Northeast Championship (NEC XII) Dec 3th & 4th - in Philadelphia PA - A New Life  (Read 35632 times)

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
20) GenericSuperHero
37) GenericSuperHero

26) LordPangTong
40) LordPangTong

27) JAV Sakura Sena
28) Sakura Sena

29) WLO-Comic-z
44) Comic-Zzzzzzzzzz

32) Tone
42) Tone

33) Level5-Chan
43) Level5-Chan

3) Living Shadow
35) Living Shadow

22) YubelPhoenix
39) YubelPhoenix

Seriously...?
So i guess if i lose  i get another shot.  :bleh:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:37:02 PM by YubelPhoenix »
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Oh shit, sorry guys.
This is what happens when I check lists after editing papers all day at school  :nyoro:
Should be good now.

<edit 2>
Okay- I figured out where those dupes came from. Most of them were because I just copy and pasted the list from an earlier page. Comic Z is my fault because he posted afterwards and said to enter. Either way my fault for not reading, everything should check out. Only question is- are Tony Shiki and Shiki two different people?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:36:21 PM by Aigis »
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
Oh shit, sorry guys.
This is what happens when I check lists after editing papers all day at school  :nyoro:
Should be good now.

<edit 2>
Okay- I figured out where those dupes came from. Most of them were because I just copy and pasted the list from an earlier page. Comic Z is my fault because he posted afterwards and said to enter. Either way my fault for not reading, everything should check out. Only question is- are Tony Shiki and Shiki two different people?

Yeah, they're different.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
kk thanks
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Sekuhara

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 37
  • +Arnold Palmer
    • View Profile
We in there with dat MB.

Offline Madscientist

• is actually Maidscientist
  • Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 79
    • View Profile
Hey Big E, are there any more discount rooms?

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
Again, is there anyone who can house me for thursday?
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Tone why don't you ask hal about staying at his place?
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Again, is there anyone who can house me for thursday?

^
I actually want to get there Thursday & tour around because I've never been to Philly before.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Ok players there are NO more at the Sheration suites, but the sale manager is working on getting the same deal at the Sheraton four point in the same lot.

I will let you guys know when the link is ready to use.

Told you players not to wait.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
ok so from the look of it, seems like Linne and Aigis will be running MB @NEC but just to make sure, a few questions to be safe:

1) Who will be the moderators (and possible judges) for MB singles and teams?

2) Is there a list of available units and mb copies? Who's bringing what? Are there backups in case ppl flake out?

3) Entry fee (teams & singles)? Format (2/3, winners/losers/grand set 3/5)? Seeding (regional)? Rules, judgment, banned stuff, etc? Pot split?

4) Estimated start time and days for teams & singles?

I know a lot of this is common sense and all but it's pretty standard to see some sort of official post with info covering the above query.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:42:51 PM by Sakura Sena »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
So are we making this montage video for NEC again? If so, I'll buy a new camcorder in order to record shit. If not, then I'll just bring my old gimpy camcorder. Let me know people.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
So are we making this montage video for NEC again? If so, I'll buy a new camcorder in order to record shit. If not, then I'll just bring my old gimpy camcorder. Let me know people.

I think it's hard to predict if it's going to be hype enough to warrant a montage. I'd say if you were just looking for an excuse to buy a new camcorder and really wanted to buy one anyway, do it and bring it. Shit may get pretty tight. If you really didn't want to spend the money, then just bring the old one.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile

I think it's hard to predict if it's going to be hype enough to warrant a montage. I'd say if you were just looking for an excuse to buy a new camcorder and really wanted to buy one anyway, do it and bring it. Shit may get pretty tight. If you really didn't want to spend the money, then just bring the old one.
Oh, a montage will happen. by order of "the men behind the curtain".

That being said: anyone w/ a beefy camcorder (any cam will do really), who is willing to allow me to hijack it for the NEC wknd, plz bring along. This is for the greater good of the community, etc.

"The men behind the curtain" request interviews and intend to make use of collected footage for the purposes of community promotion (ie hype fodder).

Also. . .anyone have space/a room for myself + 1 to crash on fri,sat,sun?? (just me now  :'( ):nyoro:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:58:27 PM by JAV Zar »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
Alright then. Make interview questions and post them in this thread. I'll randomly do them again or better yet, make Chibi do them cause he's more sarcastic.

By the way Zar, you better not run from your interview again.

Anyway, thoughts on this camcorder?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Camileo+H30+High-Definition+Camcorder+with+3%22+Touch+Screen+-+Black/9984337.p?id=1218205383177&skuId=9984337&st=Toshiba%20camcorder&cp=1&lp=3 (*nods*)

Or....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Camileo+X200+128MB+HD+Camcorder+-+Black/3530817.p?id=1218410821040&skuId=3530817&st=Toshiba%20camcorder&cp=1&lp=2 (*Better choice due to the better zoom but the zoom should be alright.)

I need suggestions people.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
New hotel room link for your discount

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1111213403&key=65C8D

Im still having trouble updating front thread.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
I think it's hard to predict if it's going to be hype enough to warrant a montage.
not even a question dude
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
New hotel room link for your discount

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1111213403&key=65C8D

Im still having trouble updating front thread.
They're two separate accounts; how the hell did that happen. Attempting to fix that now.

Looks like you had the Big Eric account from 2008 until 2010, and then switched accounts in the run up to NECX -- then forgot the password as they were reset post-upgrade and recovered the old account, and then the new account. I'll merge Big Eric into BigE.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:22:12 PM by Dipstick »
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
@Big E

1) Is the MB community responsible for providing stations at the event (namely televisions) or will these be provided for us? If yes, how many tv's will be at our disposal?

2) I've noticed you have "TBD" for the MB timeslots on Saturday/Sunday. Is it up to us to decide when our tourneys will start or will you be providing a timesolt for us at the convenience of the NEC event?

@MB Community (ie EVERYONE who intends to show up)

1) IF it turns out that we're responsible for tv's, who is able to bring sets?

2) I'm pretty sure we'd have to at least bring our own systems. The ppl willing to bring PS2's/free mcboot card/MBAA disk, please take the time to post up so that we can have a list ready. Having 4 stations/setups would probably be ideal for a smooth run. Backups will probably be necessary though so if we could have say 6 units at our disposal, that would be great!

3) Don't know where the "moderators" are but I'm going to guess "the people" are cool with $10 singles/$5 teams for entree fees? (The turnout looks pretty decent this time and this IS likely the LAST console event; IMO $10 for singles would be total appropriate)

@whoever
what are you guys charging for room rushdown? PM me "rates", people. If no one bothers to reply by latest Sunday, I'll just keep my ass home. =|

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
3) Don't know where the "moderators" are but I'm going to guess "the people" are cool with $10 singles/$5 teams for entree fees? (The turnout looks pretty decent this time and this IS likely the LAST console event; IMO $10 for singles would be total appropriate)
I think it's safe to say we'll do what we usually do for NEC/GVN: Singles are $10, teams are $5 per team member. I don't think we've ever deviated from that, at least, not since I've been attending.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile

I'm brining a full set-up: TV, PS2, MBAA.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
I think it's safe to say we'll do what we usually do for NEC/GVN: Singles are $10, teams are $5 per team member. I don't think we've ever deviated from that, at least, not since I've been attending.
dude, you should have seen the last winter brawl. MB ended up getting only half of the entrants (15 total) because people didn't want to pay $10 entry and chose to enter AH3 instead =|. (where's your ah3 now, huh?!). So yeah, that's why I asked lol. Hope ppl don't bitch up again cus if my broke ass can afford to pay then I can't why anyone else wouldnt be able to.

Finally, someone out there is alive. Three more to go. Wakeup ppl.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:55:53 PM by JAV Zar »

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
New England will be bringing along a CRT with MBAA and a PS2! (if needed of course. otherwise we'll use it for GG)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
I'm not Big E but I do have answers!

@Big E

1) Is the MB community responsible for providing stations at the event (namely televisions) or will these be provided for us? If yes, how many tv's will be at our disposal?

2) I've noticed you have "TBD" for the MB timeslots on Saturday/Sunday. Is it up to us to decide when our tourneys will start or will you be providing a timesolt for us at the convenience of the NEC event?
For question one, TVs are provided, although bringing a TV would be advised -- there always seems to be a shortage of working CRTs, and even if there are plenty, you will want them for the hotel rooms. The hotel rooms all have LCDs that lag like a motherfucker for SD games.

In regards to start times, the MB:AA singles tournament is currently scheduled to start at Noon on December 4th. The team tournament is currently scheduled for 6 PM on December 3rd, although this is a bit in the air, along with the format (I've heard that some people want to run some sort of one-night Danisen on the CC setup? Not sure how that would work...).

For the third question, the entry fee for singles is $10, and teams will be $5 per player.

Here's my question: who is recording and or streaming this? Streaming may not be an option; Sp00ky ultimately makes the call as to what other streams can run and the event already needs his stream and 8WayRun's stream running all weekend due to sponsorship requirements -- so be prepared to just record games and put them online after the event (like the old days).
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!