When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Philadelphia, PA] NEC XII: December 03, 2011 - December 04, 2011

Author Topic: Northeast Championship (NEC XII) Dec 3th & 4th - in Philadelphia PA - A New Life  (Read 35677 times)

Offline Tsnowflake

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
I can bring my ps2 but i have no portable tv

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Yeah teams should be $5 per player/$10 per team to keep the hype up since this is the last console tournament.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
EQUIP LIST

Four (4) setups are ideal for smooth run but two extra on the side (6 total) would be good in the event of technical failure or competence failure (i.e. you goofed and forgot your shit).

TVs/CRTs
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)
4)

PS2 Units
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)Tsnowflake
4)
_5)
_6)

MBAA Disks **please remember to bring swap disks/boot cards**
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)
4)
_5)
_6)

Streaming Equip
??

I'm not Big E but I do have answers!

@Big E

1) Is the MB community responsible for providing stations at the event (namely televisions) or will these be provided for us? If yes, how many tv's will be at our disposal?

2) I've noticed you have "TBD" for the MB timeslots on Saturday/Sunday. Is it up to us to decide when our tourneys will start or will you be providing a timesolt for us at the convenience of the NEC event?
For question one, TVs are provided, although bringing a TV would be advised -- there always seems to be a shortage of working CRTs, and even if there are plenty, you will want them for the hotel rooms. The hotel rooms all have LCDs that lag like a motherfucker for SD games.
Holy fuck, so true. Don't know about anyone else but I can't live w/o my MB CASUALSSSSS (notroll).

In regards to start times, the MB:AA singles tournament is currently scheduled to start at Noon on December 4th. The team tournament is currently scheduled for 6 PM on December 3rd, although this is a bit in the air, along with the format (I've heard that some people want to run some sort of one-night Danisen on the CC setup? Not sure how that would work...).
Singles at noon sounds solid. We could probably talk to players and try to setup PS2 teams a bit earlier so we can have time later for the ppl who want to participate in CC event as well(?).

For the third question, the entry fee for singles is $10, and teams will be $5 per player.
damn straight!  8-)

Here's my question: who is recording and or streaming this? Streaming may not be an option; Sp00ky ultimately makes the call as to what other streams can run and the event already needs his stream and 8WayRun's stream running all weekend due to sponsorship requirements -- so be prepared to just record games and put them online after the event (like the old days).
lol wow, we're not even good enough for Big E's pity stream this year? SIGH. Someone needs to seriously hop this streaming situation then. Volunteers?!  :mystery:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:26:07 PM by JAV Zar »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
I can bring a PS2 with the game but there's no unlockable characters so someone would have to load it.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
I can bring a PS2 with melty/swap disk. no tv sadly...  :emo:
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
EQUIP LIST

Four (4) setups are ideal for smooth run but two extra on the side (6 total) would be good in the event of technical failure or competence failure (i.e. you goofed and forgot your shit).

TVs/CRTs
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)
4)

PS2 Units
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)Tsnowflake
4)HowIsThatOatmeal
_5)The505
_6)

MBAA Disks **please remember to bring swap disks/boot cards if you have**
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)The505
4)
_5)
_6)

Streaming Equip
??

Good stuff, guys. However, if anyone forgets I'll have to blow you up personally...

ON CAMERA!!! :duckhunt:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline DarkLeviathan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Just booked my room and registered on the NEC site. Anything else I need to do to?

Also, I might be able to bring my CRT in. I just need to make sure it still works since last year.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
I'm sure roku will hop on streaming but if not we can always use my stream setup.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
I'd love to help with streaming, but I don't have the equipment for it.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
I know there are at least a couple of you clowns out there that still don't have a room; if this is the case you need to let me know ASAP. I've already contacted a couple of people who are in this predicament.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
I'd love to help with streaming, but I don't have the equipment for it.
sorry, you get no cookies for meaningless gestures. wish ppl would stop doing that lol.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Ok players front post has been redid, Check it out.

Offline Tsnowflake

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
you can put me down for the game too lol, I probably should've mentioned that.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
I know there are at least a couple of you clowns out there that still don't have a room; if this is the case you need to let me know ASAP. I've already contacted a couple of people who are in this predicament.

Yeah, I was waiting to hear back from Generic about his offer. But at this point I'll have to assume his answer is a no.
I'm in need of a room. I'm bringing a set-up and have money to split the cost of the room.

-TexasTim-

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ

Yeah, I was waiting to hear back from Generic about his offer. But at this point I'll have to assume his answer is a no.
I'm in need of a room. I'm bringing a set-up and have money to split the cost of the room.

-TexasTim-

You could room with me & my group if you don't mind sharing
Also, OP says Melty teams is 3v3 so I'm naturally going to assume that it's no longer 2v2 & if that's the case, can someone post that ASAP.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile

EQUIP LIST

TVs/CRTs
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)
4)

PS2 Units
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)Tsnowflake
4)HowIsThatOatmeal
_5)The505
_6)

MBAA Disks **please remember to bring swap disks/boot cards if you have**
1)New England
2)TheMaster_Rahl
3)The505
4)Tsnowflake
_5)
_6)

Streaming Equip
??

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
You could room with me & my group if you don't mind sharing
Also, OP says Melty teams is 3v3 so I'm naturally going to assume that it's no longer 2v2 & if that's the case, can someone post that ASAP.

I think Dippy will let me stay in his room. Thanks though.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
Niggas dont even have streaming equips? I'll see if I can try to pick up one before Thursday or at least borrow someone's.

I need to know if people will be at the Hotel Friday morning. I kind of want to hang out with people and such. I'll be in PA Thursday night so let me know.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
really sorry to the guys who pm'ed me for not replying back to you, i frankly forgot.  i didn't book a room because it was too late for the actual Sheraton and i didn't want to get a room in the other hotel across the parking lot for obvious reasons
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
don't see much point in having a real "event" for CC considering that the game works on a different buffer and the canadian cc setup very likely lags (on top of the fact that none of us besides LK have any practice).  it would end up pretty much just being a more-competitive-than-usual crappy looking casual but would have inherent appeal which would only distract from the other events.  idk, it's partially my sentiment that i want this to be a last serious tournament for MBAA and people getting hype drained by CC is against my interests.  we'll all have the game in a month so why go out of our way to play like shit on a questionable setup in lieu of having a real tournament.  not to say i have anything against cc casuals, which are inevitable.  and of course, still a huge thumbs up to canada for bringing their setup down; feels kinda funny to read other people deliberating/deciding about what to do with somebody else's setup.

another thing: we ARE doing 3v3 pokemon teams right?  it's pretty important to know this beforehand so we can form our teams.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Here's my question: who is recording and or streaming this? Streaming may not be an option; Sp00ky ultimately makes the call as to what other streams can run and the event already needs his stream and 8WayRun's stream running all weekend due to sponsorship requirements -- so be prepared to just record games and put them online after the event (like the old days).
Sorry, I've been missing for a bit, school and work has had me fucked over the last few weeks  :nyoro:
As we learned at Summer Jam, we need to be prepared to cut the stream. Even during grand finals.

To absolutely remedy this, it seems that the setup will be myself streaming, and Hal doing video capture. so even if something happens to one setup, we can still continue rolling with things. As far as AH3/MB, I'll probably alternate video between the two in hour blocks or so, if no one else brings equipment.

As far as TVs go, I've got monitors lined up for AH3, so that should help to free up resources for mb.

Concerning teams, as I've said before I have no problem running 3v3, as long as I have enough teams to run a 3v3. Worst case I can fall back on 2v2.
Can we start getting a rough team list going for 3v3? I'd like to get at least 8 teams down, if I get that we'll be running fine.

Oh, last edit (I hope)
I will have two ps2s and two mbaa discs. I may need to copy someones save, which shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:16:29 AM by Aigis »
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
I'm sure roku will hop on streaming but if not we can always use my stream setup.

My stream setup is with an easycap, and I KNOW people will bitch so I'll leave this to Dippy and provide any services on the side like commentating providing cables helping with software setup etc.

Unless you guys want me to use easycap ofc.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Ezcap is fine as long as stream isn't stuttering every five seconds and looks like two blobs converging on each other I'm sure people will be happy with anything
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
I'm not bringing my streaming setup this year... the setup doesn't travel well over airplanes (that and last year the TSA nearly destroyed it... and they did destroy the suitcase it was in, ugh). That and it needs to be overhauled in general (the CPU is too weak to really handle anything from this generation).

I'll be there Friday afternoon, for anyone that cares.

Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
what did the TSA do to your shit specifically?  i will have to fly electronics in the future.

also, is it no problem to record the matches independently of whether or not they are streaming?  the most important thing to me is being able to go back and watch the good matches from NEC.  most of the players who watch stream will be at the event anyway.  this also applies to stream archiving (please don't put up streams in places where they will be deleted in 2 days without saving the record).  i'd be really thankful if whoever's in charge of match recording saves the videos in some capacity and records the hypest matches as usual regardless of whether they are in finals.  we have a lot of good players and in all likelihood half of them will be knocked out before top8.