hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Northeast Championships (NEC9): Dec 6 - 7th | Philadelphia, PA  (Read 132737 times)

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Re: Northeast Championships (NEC9): Dec 6 - 7th | Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »
Heh, go forward young lad, the future of WC is up to your then, the hype is dying there :<

as for NEC for you guys, i'm expecting great things from you guys. One recommendation for the commentator- you gotta be drunk.

The only one that be be drunk and still be fine for matches is jiyuna lol
They can't get enough of me

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:29 PM »
what can i say, we're way to scattered and most people arent into old melty as much anymore.

doing what i can for EVO melty next year, since i didnt go to the last one.

I'm making sure the 09 one is HYPE.

as for NEC for you guys, i'm expecting great things from you guys. One recommendation for the commentator- you gotta be drunk.

Plus west coast is basically more synonymous with California than anything nowadays.  Does Washington's crew even play anymore?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »
i dont know about that, most of the mb ec crew aren't all into drinking and playing

i found out after the past bbg that it's fun as hell, even if i end up losing on account of it

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:31 PM »
I just know, I want to commentate a match with Hal, no homo.

:toot:

One recommendation for the commentator- you gotta be drunk.

:toot: :fap: :toot:
215-218-8244

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »
If you guys fuel the funds for me being drunk id glady do it. but I warn ya it aint gonna be cheap.

Aka: excuses to get drunk for free
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:09:44 AM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »
what can i say, we're way to scattered and most people arent into old melty as much anymore.

doing what i can for EVO melty next year, since i didnt go to the last one.

I'm making sure the 09 one is HYPE.

Plus west coast is basically more synonymous with California than anything nowadays.  Does Washington's crew even play anymore?

WCMB consists of two places: SoCal (Barely) and Choc...err, I mean AZ. NoCal? LOL. "Vet Coast"? LOL. Washington had a crew?

Realistically thinking, WCMB will probably get their shit together whenever they get more organized and whenever we (the ENTIRE MB community) can play MBAA. Till then we'll continue to hear the worst racial jokes ever, saying Obama like its going out of fashion, veteru spitting frames, Qaenyin saying he's gonna take 1st , Hellmonkey swearing up and down that MBAC sucks WHILE griding DAT LEN more than anyone else. Oh yeah, and playing shitty korean MMOs.

Seriously, I'm hoping that the NEC9 hype will catch wind to the west coast (False hope, but still hope regardless) and if that doesn't work there's gonna be MBAA and if THAT doesn't work....You guys still have Dota, GGAC, shitty korean MMOs, and TSS.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
Cool it, Brandon. Obvious flamebait is obvious.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »

If I was being sarcastic then yeah. Obvious flamebait is obvious.

But since I was 100% serious in that post...hardly the case here. I'm not just gonna say shit like that just to flame and besides that was me being NICE. I could just say that WCMB is a joke and leave it at that. Hell I can say that this entire "community" is nothing more than a big IRC circle jerk and not be too far off from the truth, but do I want to *possibly* derail the topic to something that retarded and could only end in me getting banned (Since I already got a warning, lol)? No, I actually WANT WCMB to be what it was a year ago... a coast I could actually see myself respecting.

I'm not gonna go any deeper into the subject, but seriously think about how WCMB was A YEAR AGO and what it has turned into now. I understand that Arlieth not really playing this game as much, if anymore having changed jobs and RL kicking in. Hell, I've gone through it going into basic military training TWO WEEKS after FRXI so I missed A LOT of the MB event and I'm sure to miss A LOT more when I head over to the desert barely a year from now. Shit's gone way beyond Arly not playing and MBAA getting released. NEC 9 is gonna be THE LAST BIG MBAC EVENT OF THE YEAR , IF THE LAST BIG MBAC EVENT and WC could REALLY, REALLY use the hype. Y'all got WC players repping WCMB just like last year, if y'all can't get hype for the event itself atleast get hype for y'all own players...damn. I'm pretty sure the respective community (GGAC, 3S, CvS2, Smash etc.) would do the same. Anyways, here's to EC, WC, Desert Coast, Canada, etc making NEC9 the hypest MB tourney it has been so far.

Now if this post happen to fall on deaf ears like the past post and failing to see that I'm HOPING WC gets back on track....then fuck it. It wouldn't be any different than the FRXI thread.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »
Evo was proof enough that they don't give a damn for the game right now, and whether that's relevant to MBAA being released or not, I don't care at this point.

This is NEC, where MB got its footing two years ago, and it's by far the hypest MB tournament of the year, every year.

If they don't want to attend then it's not our problem. There's no malice to be had here, because really they'll be missing out.

So just come to enjoy yourself Brandon. Stop worrying about it and get ready to get schooled in QoH2k1.

:3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
ok it's time for another one of my real talk posts

brandino needs to use less words and be a bit less faggoty, but i get what he's saying

i admire his passion, it just seems like he picked the wrong game to care about.  ESPECIALLY with all the new shit coming out - between SC4/SF4/HDRemix/Blazblue/T6/TvC it's going to be hard for other stuff to catch on.  MBAA, the arcana heart update, KOF12, whatever.  you also have to keep in mind that a few of the older games are going to stick around too (GG & marvel mainly).  so yeah, there are going to be a lot of issues with what to prioritize at tournaments, and good games are going to be left out.  nobody even knows when MBAA's hitting console anyway, and it won't get as wide of an arcade release as T6 or SF4 or probably even Blazblue.

also, west coast has always been capcom country anyway.  the hype level's fallen off for GG too.

-josh

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
Evo was proof enough that they don't give a damn for the game right now, and whether that's relevant to MBAA being released or not, I don't care at this point.

All they care about is some ancient shitty chinese game that involves blocks that are called cards.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Daimao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »

All they care about is some ancient shitty chinese game that involves blocks that are called cards.

Yeah, that game is shitty.

Offline Hellmonkey

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2008, 07:21:44 PM »
Realistically thinking, WCMB will probably get their shit together whenever they get more organized and whenever we (the ENTIRE MB community) can play MBAA. Till then we'll continue to hear the worst racial jokes ever, saying Obama like its going out of fashion, veteru spitting frames, Qaenyin saying he's gonna take 1st , Hellmonkey swearing up and down that MBAC sucks WHILE griding DAT LEN more than anyone else. Oh yeah, and playing shitty korean MMOs.
You can't blame the scene, the reason it's this way is because of the game it's for.  MBAA looks hilariously broken so far so I don't see the scene growing much from it until there is a major revision, but who knows how long that will take or if they'll do a good job with it.

Really though, scrubs should keep their opinions to themselves.  Thanks.  We don't give a shit about your respect.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2008, 07:34:15 PM »
*le sigh*

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2008, 07:39:31 PM »
Brandino is in no way a scrub. I'd bet money over Brandino vs you Hellmonkey, oh wait, in before your million excuses of saying "I don't play the game etc etc." Also in before you attack me saying I'm a scrub, because I am.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
You know what really brings the community together? FLAME WARS!!

*insert pic of beer fire here*
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »
You can't blame the scene, the reason it's this way is because of the game it's for.  MBAA looks hilariously broken so far so I don't see the scene growing much from it until there is a major revision, but who knows how long that will take or if they'll do a good job with it.

Really though, scrubs should keep their opinions to themselves.  Thanks.  We don't give a shit about your respect.

Wow...I seriously could not think anyone could be this retarded. Then again this is coming from Hellmonkey who quits mid tourney because he has to play Nerina and he continues to run the same excuse he's been running since he started playing so it really doesn't surprise me how retarded you are. Yet, he calls ME the scrub....LOL West FUCKIN Coast!!!!!!!

Please show me in that particular quote do you see me say ANYTHING about my respect? Seriously, if you want to quote me on anything talking about MY RESPECT:

No, I actually WANT WCMB to be what it was a year ago... a coast I could actually see myself respecting.

Shows you put as much time into your argument as you did reading my last two post, but I expected that much from you.

I'm not even gonna bother going any further. Its just gonna seem pointless going on and on with a scrub who's Len is about as good as Doren's Jam or better yet...his Warc.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »
Brandino is in no way a scrub. I'd bet money over Brandino vs you Hellmonkey, oh wait, in before your million excuses of saying "I don't play the game etc etc." Also in before you attack me saying I'm a scrub, because I am.

I'll take that bet. Hellmonkey get your ass out of your basement and come to NEC.
NETPLAY

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Brandino:  shut up!

Hellmonkey:  you're in no way involved with this tourney, so keep your ass out of the thread!

Seriously, why the hell are you guys bringing shit to this thread that has NOTHING to do with the tourney.  TAKE THAT SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE!  I'M NOT GOING TO LET SOME POMPOUS ASS-WIPES KILL WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HYPE TOURNEY!
I like pi!

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2008, 02:10:52 AM »
shit i got 100 dollars on brandino... im that confindent in this bet that much lol

sorry can't respect a guy who's coming here spewing shit on the game in it's own community... i think the reason you haven't been banned yet.. is so people can laugh all day on your post... which it's the most ironic...

cuse i remmeber GG getting shittted on alot ( AND STILL GETTING SHITTED ON STILL).. and games being broken? oh man ... GG is just as bad...GGX had massive brokeness... GGXX became GGX DUSTLOOP.. GGXX/ was prolly the most balanced one... GGXXAC is pretty much turned into fuckin brokefest... man charcters that didn't need nerfs got nerfs (johnny,anji) wthhile others just seem to stay where they are no matter what version. Slayer.. Eddie (dosen't matter what they do he ended up being stupid)... sorry your game still gets shitted on ( and  i like gg) so calm down you hypocrite

but i guess peeps never learn.. so enough talk about this

i can't wait.!! shit is gonna be awesome.. and i can play drunk ( i actually thought i played better drunk(
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35:43 AM »
WC MB tournament is slang for tss/mmo/gg gathering.  Choco is WC.  Hellmonkey is a fag.  Get off your ass WC and get hype!

See?  Brandino's last 3 posts summed up in one line.

AA doesn't seem broken at all.  Just looks broken on youtube.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:12 AM »
You only say that because nobody has the balls to run inf-only Ciel at CF :slowpoke:

Can we get back on the subject of drinking for commentary?
215-218-8244

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2008, 04:24:38 AM »
Agreed
They can't get enough of me

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2008, 08:22:03 AM »
Chibi.

Me.

You.

QoH2k1.

Friday Night.

Don't go anywhere near jewpuncher  >:(

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »
i want some Project Justice love..

ALL OF YOU ARE DRUNKS... except me... IM NEVER DRUNK... the Alcohol is a lie!!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....