When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Tei-ya-ya~ San Jose Student Union Sessions  (Read 9224 times)

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
Tei-ya-ya~ San Jose Student Union Sessions
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »
Hello everyone. I know I'm relatively new to this community (Or real competitive play, for that matter), but I'd really appreciate if people can make this spur-of-the-moment kind of gathering bit.

I have an idea to have a session day/casuals at the San Jose State University student union, sometime in the afternoon (Time TBA). There's a Cadenza Machine with HAPP controls, but obviously laptops and BYOS are a given with this new version out.

I look forward to anyone who can make this spur-of-the moment. I'm not expecting too much either way with such short notice  ^^;

http://www.union.sjsu.edu/

EDIT: Begin/Meet at SU at ~11AM - Noon. Continue till otherwise noted.

~Chun
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:22:01 AM by Mizuki »
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
Re: Tei-ya-ya~ San Jose Student Union Session, 8/9/07
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:55 AM »
Update: The SU is open from 8AM - 5PM, but the bowling center it's connected to is open until 11PM.

I'll be picking up Yau/Dakanya at the SJ Diridon station. If anyone can take CalTrain to there, I can pick up and drop you off at the appropriate times during that day. Diridon is about 3-4 minutes away from SJSU.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:20:31 AM by magz »
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »
Well, I have work but if you guys plan to be there a fair share after 6:00pm I wouldn't be against driving down.

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
It's been noted that when the SU closes, we can setup at the alley.

~Chun
Melty Blood
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »
When does it start?

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:17:06 PM »
When does it start?

I'm aiming for somewhere between 11 and noon, but if you arrive earlier there is stuff to do before others arrive, after all.

Finishes probably whenever we feel we're done.

~Chun
Melty Blood

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »
So far...

Me (V. Akiha, Sacchin), Chun (H&K, Satsuki, Kohaku), Tsubasa (Akiha, V. Sion, Hisui), Alt (Warakia, Kouma), Shobes (Nero), ZeroXOZ (Warakia), my brother (Len, Kohaku, H&K), Yau/Dakanya (Akiha), Mizuki(NOT COMING >_>), LastElixir (Akiha, Nanaya) and probably more I am not aware of. If you are coming and aren't on the list, post here.

With Zero, my brother, and I, we have three laptops with 17" screens which should be just fine for MBAC unless someone actually cares about the LCD display lag >_> The one thing we will probably lack in are adapters, sticks, and pads. Please bring your own and extras just in case.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:02:54 PM by magz »
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 12:44:40 AM »
So far...

Me (V. Akiha, Sacchin), Chun (H&K, Satsuki, Kohaku), Tsubasa (Akiha, V. Sion, Hisui), Alt (Warakia, Kouma), Shobes (Nero), ZeroXOZ (Warakia), my brother (Len, Kohaku, H&K), Yau/Dakanya (Akiha), Mizuki(?)(W. Len), and probably more I am not aware of. If you are coming and aren't on the list, post here.

With Zero, my brother, and I, we have three laptops with 17" screens which should be just fine for MBAC unless someone actually cares about the LCD display lag >_> The one thing we will probably lack in are adapters, sticks, and pads. Please bring your own and extras just in case.

Just run windowed MB scaled up while the LCD is at its native resolution and you'll be fine :3

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 12:50:11 AM »
So far...

Me (V. Akiha, Sacchin), Chun (H&K, Satsuki, Kohaku), Tsubasa (Akiha, V. Sion, Hisui), Alt (Warakia, Kouma), Shobes (Nero), ZeroXOZ (Warakia), my brother (Len, Kohaku, H&K), Yau/Dakanya (Akiha), Mizuki(?)(W. Len), and probably more I am not aware of. If you are coming and aren't on the list, post here.

I'm trying to convince a friend to come, he just started playing Warakia and has some Nero experience (all of it netplaying MBR against me though).
thundering waterfalls

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 08:18:22 AM »
Chun (H&K, Satsuki, Kohaku)

I think I'm starting to lean towards H&K, Kohaku, Aoko. Though my Aoko still needs more practice. Hope I have her prepped by Thursday  :slowpoke:

~Chun
Melty Blood

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
Sounds like this is shaping up to be pretty good.  I'll be picking up Chun and we'll probably be ready relatively early.  Maybe we'll swing by Mitsuwa and pick up some random Japanese snacks for the group.

My laptop has a respectable 15.4" screen if needed.

I'll be bringing two sticks for certain (vshg and PS2 SCII stick), one or two Pelican adaptors, and two USB keyboards.

I'm sure we'll have to play a few matches on the cab too.  I know magz and I can manage with HAPPs.  Anyone else?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:28:09 AM by Tsubasa »
-Tsubasa

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
If you are coming and aren't on the list, post here.

Well I managed to get some time off of work to come down so count me in. (I might be an hour late tho :V)

Offline Last Elixir⑨

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
lawl I'll probably be there. I usually play Akiha/Nanaya, I suck so more training the better.

j

ps HI

manbeard

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
Another thing to add. Parking is free if parked in the neighborhood at the appropriate areas (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this).

The Student Union is the second big building on campus across the street from the 11th street parking garage. (yes, I suck at giving directional information)

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »
They purposely made it hard to park near the school for free.  If you're willing to walk a few blocks, finding parking along the streets is probably the most cost-effective option.  If you'd rather not walk, I suggest taking the school 10th Street Garage.  It's at the corner of 10th and San Fernando.  All-day parking is $8, but it is easily the closest parking structure to the student union.

On that note, magz's directions are basically correct, if vague.  To help clarify some more: if you're entering from the San Fernando entrance, directly across the street from the 10th Street Garage, walk straight in and in not too long, you'll see ATMs to your left and a multi-tiered building to your right with stairs heading downward.  You'll want to take those stairs and enter the building from the multiple doors below.  If you're ever unsure, there will be people around.  Just ask to get pointed in the right direction.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:18:27 PM by Tsubasa »
-Tsubasa

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »
We had a nice turnout today (12+ people =X). Good to see many of the old and even some new faces. Thanks for ditching work, Devereaux =P

3 laptops with a 4th on standby all running MBAC was quite the sight to behold considering the fact that we were congregating in the middle of a student union and eventually the attached bowling alley >_>

I'm leaving for home right now and will probably process and upload the videos when I wake up.

P.S: Dev, check your PMs at least 30 minutes after this edit. Chun, I'll PM you those replay files when I get them grouped together. Tsubasa, I have one of your USB keyboards.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:16:03 AM by magz »

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:08 AM »
gg next map

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »
Just so you know, any videos where I lose (90% of them) it's not actually me playing and if you don't believe that then my pad was malfunctioning. I swear it's the truth! :slowpoke:

Anyways, it was definitely quite an experience. Lets just make sure that for the next one we try to shoot for the weekend! (I can only say that I'm going to check out the classes at SJSU so many times. >_>)

P.S: Dev, check your PMs at least 30 minutes after this edit.

Hmm, I have no new PM's. :mystery:

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »
Hmm, I have no new PM's. :mystery:
I fell asleep -.-" Check them again. =P

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
Yall guys are homos for not setting it up NEXT WEEK.

Better have one, when I'll actually HAVE A RIDE!
what the fuck is this game

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Protip: Good laptop bags make excellent ergonomic support for keyboard crushers. I was much more satisfied with my performance. Looking forward to the next session.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »
I'd like to thank everyone that managed to make it out there yesterday to get some Melty gaming in. It was a lot of fun seeing what kind of strategies and such everyone used, and how much I have to go in terms of training :psyduck:.

Good matches, Alt is a beast, etc.  ;D

See you at the next Tei-ya-ya~

~Chun
Melty Blood

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
I would like to thank Magz for busting out Warcuied and thowing a million overheads at my scared, crouched in the corner Shiki Tohno. Apparently having the mystic eyes of death perception can not help getting repeatedly clawed in the face. :V

Offline Bola

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 01:08:50 AM »
hai you guys ever doing this again?

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:34:12 AM »
hai you guys ever doing this again?
I would hope so. The turnout was pretty damn good for a random summer Thursday.

Edit: 8 videos are done. 1 more is on the way.

magz vs. Tsubasa 01 (Vermilion Akiha vs. Hisui)
Devereaux vs. Chun 01 (Shiki Tohno vs. Aoko)
Devereaux vs. Chun 02 (Shiki Tohno vs. Aoko)
Alt vs. Tsubasa (Kouma vs. Hisui)
LastElixir vs. Chun(Shiki Nanaya vs. Aoko)
LastElixir vs. Devereaux (Shiki Nanaya vs. Shiki Tohno)
Tsubasa vs. Dakanya/yau (Hisui vs. Akiha)
magz vs. Alt 01 (Vermilion Akiha vs. Shiki Tohno)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:45:32 PM by magz »