When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Combo/Strats Thread  (Read 47107 times)

Offline Frank24680

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Combo/Strats Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »
So her arc drive is always blockable, whether it's with a shield or just regular guarding?

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »
So her arc drive is always blockable, whether it's with a shield or just regular guarding?

Cannot be shielded. Cannot be guarded if they catch you in the air.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Frank24680

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »

Oh, ok.
Thanks for the info. : D

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 01:36:04 AM »

Wow. Okay, I'll just shut up now.  Excuse me while I :emo:.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline ennvi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »
Well, I just tested it. Numakie is right, cannot be shielded/guarded in the air. You can dodge it however (of course :P) This is for both normal and blood heat arc drives.
"There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man—with human flesh."

The Official God FAQ.

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »
In the Op there are a few combos that have 5B,6B,2B in them. Sometimes this can be hard to connect. If your having trouble connecting these you can change the order of 2B,6B so it would be 5B,2B,6B. IMHO it's easier to connect this way as your not punished for not having pinpoint execution.

It also does a WHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 more damage :blah:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:13:13 PM by Darksaint »
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »
In the Op there are a few combos that have 5B,6B,2B in them. Sometimes this can be hard to connect. If your having trouble connecting these you can change the order of 2B,6B so it would be 5B,2B,6B. IMHO it's easier to connect this way as your not punished for not having pinpoint execution.

It also does a WHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 more damage :blah:

Doing 5B 6B first is much safer as you can hit confirm it into 2B, without running into the possibility of whiffing 2B if your opp blocks. Whiffing 2B equals death.

So I suggest practicing 5B 6B. Eventually it won't be a problem at all. The timing is pretty fast but it's not hard to at all to master.

Edit: So apparently Miyako has air dash cancel combo: 2C j.BC airdash j.A jc. j.BC x throw. The timing of j.A is similar to Ciel's similar combo. Looks cool but too bad the damage sucks compared to 2CB 5B -> air combo.

Geez, the old first post was way better. Look for real updates this week. ResurrERECTION~![/gill]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:45:33 PM by Clear Sky »

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Abilities: Kung-Fu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
Just posting some information for completions sake.

Midscreen versus anyone but White Len or the Nekos: 2A, 5B, 6B, 2BC, 5AA, j.BC, j.BC, AT
 - does the same damage as 5A, j.ABC ender
 - can land 5AAA against many, even 5AAAA, but 3 is the most reliable

Midscreen versus W. Len and the Nekos: 2A, 5B, 6B, 2CB, j.ABC, j.BC, AT
 - can throw in 5AA after the 2C but before the 2B for max damage

Midscreen with 100%: 2A, 5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 623C, j.C (whiff), land, j.AB, j.BC, AT
 - the hard part being the j.A link, but it's not that hard with some practice
 - you risk missing the entire ender for ~200 more damage, but for a combo that should really only be used for the kill, it can be worth the risk

Can be hit while crouching by: 2B, j.B, j.B crossup
 - Shiki, Warc, Nanaya, V. Sion, Nero

Can be hit while crouching by: 2B, j.B but not j.B crossup
 - Sion, Aoko, Ciel, Warachia, Kouma, Miyako, Satsuki, W. Len, Kohaku

Can be hit while crouching by: 2B in a combo but not on block, j.B, j.B crossup
 - T. Akiha, Arcueid, V. Akiha, Hisui, M. Hisui

Can be hit while crouching by: j.B, j.B crossup, but not 2B
 - Nekos

Can be hit while crouching by: none of 2B, j.B, j.B crossup
 - Len

Can't be hit by: 623C, j.C (whiff), j.AB, j.BC, AT
 - Sion, Tatari, Aoko, Warc, Hisui, M. Hisui (it's hard to land the followup on Nero, so he effectively fits into this category too)

Unfortunately the specific characters that the 623C followup works on doesn't overlap with any of the xB categories, so it's quite a bit of information.  As a followup to 236B.6A, it does 3500+ but is very unsafe on block. 22C or 214C make it safer on block, but still...

The j.B crossup whiff isn't that big of a deal, since most people should be blocking high, but don't be surprised if it happens. Plus j.C hits in that situation against everyone j.B misses, but not always cross.

(Edited in the 623C combo information.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:41:03 AM by Veven »

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »
The jB whiff is kind of a big deal in the higher levels of play. Good players will see the cross up coming and just duck iT(provided they know Miyako's game and have a character that can avoid it) and make you eat something for trying to cross them up. I think the only way jC hits on cross is if you're directly above them otherwise it will whiff. I'm still searching for a valid cross up attack that always hits besides 236B/C.(You would think with her crappy range her cross up potential would be better.) Also, unlike other characters it is very easy to shield her cross up. (It sucks to use Miyako and not have your opponent in the corner)
<kijea> plz

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2008, 02:23:47 AM »
Sure thing Veven, I'll add that stuff. Some of that stuff can also go into the general thread. Heh though @ the whiff combo. The timing seems tight as I haven't gotten it once yet. I've tried on easy characters to combo like Nero and Warachia.

P.S. No one has to wait to make these new threads. Everyone knows by now how well I keep my promises.  :emo:

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 03:47:17 AM »
The whiff combo is pretty tight, seems about the same as Kouma's 236C, 5A link, maybe a bit easier. Could also be version specific. Two things to focus on though: hit j.A as soon as you leave the ground, you want to hit with it's later active frames, and jump as soon as you touch the ground... but you can't actually see the ground after 623C. Anyways, it's not worth spending a lot of time on, since it's not that much better than the normal followup.

The throw combo I've been using against the Neko's: T, 2C, 6B, 5B, 2B, j.AB, j.BC, AT

It actually works against everyone, but the timing is pretty strict versus anyone but the Neko's. The first jump cancel needs to be 8, the second needs to be 9, except for a few characters. Oh, and I think delaying the 6B just a little bit makes the j.C at the end land more consistently. Again, only slightly better than the normal combo, but if you're sick of 2C, 5B after midscreen throw, there you go.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
Okay, I got it. The timing is pretty much what you described it to be. I haven't tried it against everyone to see if the timing is different, or the combo just doesn't work on certain characters. Though, it doesn't feel much tighter than some links off of her 214C wallslam combos.

Well, I think the combo is worth doing, like with what you said about maximizing damage. It's really only worth doing if your very very close to killing your opponent (as you said), because it only does an extra 59 more damage or so, compared to doing her coast-to-coast combo. At least if you do the coast to coast combo, you have a much better chance to apply pressure then if you were to do the other combo midscreen.

Thanks. I'll be adding this to my arsenal.

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2008, 06:25:49 AM »
Just some more damage tests, all versus Tohno Akiha, as always. Numbers in brackets show the same combo with AT instead of j.623A-623C, where applicable. Summary at the bottom.

Throw combo with 100% -
T, 5C, 623C, j.C whiff, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 2469
T, 5C, 214C, 2B, 5C, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 2470
T, 2C, 5B, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, j.623A-623C: 2500 (2294)
T, 2C, 5C, 214A, j.BC, j.BC, j.623A-623C: 2621 (2415)
T, 2C, 5C, 236A.6A, j.AB, j.BC, j.623A-623C: 2650 (2422)

Followups to 214C -
236A.6A, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 4653
5BC, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 4726
214A, 2B, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 4728
5B, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, AT: 4753
6B, 5B, 2B, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 4772
2B, 5C, j.AB, j.BC, AT: 4789
2B, 5C, j.BC, j.BC, AT: 4877

200% combos -
5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 214C, 214C, 5B, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, AT: 4798
5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 214C, 5B, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, j.623A-623C: 4955 (4753)

It all reaffirms the commonly known and used Miyako combos. Tagging a j.623A-623C on the end of any of her normal combos is a more efficient use of 200% than using it earlier in the combo. Her highest damage throw combos are her normal combos, slightly modified.

I'm trying to find anything interesting to Miyako's game, but her best combos are pretty clear.

Edit: Added some more 214C followups. I can't quite get 6B, 5B, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, AT to land, so the j.AB link is necessary, which makes it sub-par. I've seen it mentioned somewhere on these forums, I believe, but taking a step back after 214C makes 2B, 5C much more consistent.

Edit #2: I've been using j.A after 5C, since I thought j.B always whiffs, but I was wrong. >_<

Does anyone know better 200% combos?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:31:54 AM by Veven »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
Pretty interesting post. It pretty much affirms what I thought about people not using 200% combos that much. After the second 214C, your proration rate drops down to 35%, so you end up seeing 100% combos like these ones that do more damage:

5B 6B 2B 5C x 214C 2B 5C j.AB jc. j.ABC AT (4833)
5B 6B 2B 5C x 214C 2B 5C j.BC jc. j.BC AT (4877)

But if your talking 200% with the upkicks, yes more damage, but it comes down to the tradeoff I already discussed a few posts ago. Sacrificing potential knockdowns for a bit more of guaranteed damage. You could end up doing more damage off of tech punishing without using more meter. Depends on how you want to play.

As for the tip on how to land tighter enders off of 214C wallslam combos, I think that was me. I don't know if I didn't mention it, but you don't need to walk to back for every character. You can use it as a way to time how long you have to wait to do 5C. Though you need it some characters with weird have odd hitboxes which will make your 5C whiff, if you do it right in front of them after you do 214C, like Nanaya off the top of my head. I wanna say Ciel too, but on her you want to do the more character specific ender on her, 2C 5C, as it does the most damage out of all the other ones.

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
Yeah, that was you who posted the tip for making 214C followup easier. I'm trying to use 2B, 5C, but I find in clutch situations I fall back on 5B, 2B, unfortunately. I'm sick today, so, more combos.

5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 214C xx 5C, 623C, j.C (whiff), j.AB, j.BC, AT: 5055
 - saw this in a match video, it's not practical, in my opinion, since you hafta catch as late as possible with the 5C after the 214C, and do the 623C whiff combo too, but it does over 5K on Akiha

5B, 6B, 2B, 2C, 5C xx 214A, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, AT: 4423
T, 2C xx 5C, 214A, 2B, j.BC, j.BC, AT: 2596
 - 2B into air combo after 214A is distance specific, works basically from the furthest point that 214A wallslam works, up until you get pushed deep into the corner by the initial ground string, and the spacing is slightly character specific
 - this is, at the moment, Miyako's highest damage, circuitless throw followup that I know of, doing 170+ damage more than even the 100% throw combos I posted above
 - you can throw on j.623A-623C instead of air throw at the end, for the kill, which raises the damage to 4664 and 2794, respectively

Is that coast-to-coast combo you referred to similar to: 5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 236A.6A, 214C, dash, 5C, j.AB, j.BC, AT ?

I think I'm done with Miyako for a while now, at least testing and posting.

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
Both of you guys seem to forget Miyako's greatest combo gimmick, the tk EX Kick in the corner.  Add it to any combo in the corner and it'll do more damage.  Do  throw -> 2c -> TK EX kick -> air combo, does more.  Do stuff -> 214c -> TK EX kick -> air combo does more.  Only problem is the extremely strict positioning required, which is why no one ever does it.   :toot:
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »
By air combo, you mean doing one after 6C? Or is there some way to get your jump back after tking 623C??

The only time I ever used this combo was to be flashy, but wow, o.o @ the damage.

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »
Most combo vids will just end a 2c -> tk kick combo with AD, but yeah 6c works.  Just do 5a/2a 6c launcher and you bypass the jump cancel limitation.  If you do it after 214c, since you never jumped there's no problem just do 2ab jump as normal. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:29:19 PM by linalys »
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
Cool, cool. Thx.

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2008, 05:23:08 AM »
I didn't know about the TK 623C at all. I can't get it to land consistently either, since TK'ing DP's is not one of my strong points. Thanks for the info, anything else to share?

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
I find it pretty hard to consistently do TK DPs on a pad, so I just cheat and buffer 236C after 9. That explains why I've only been able to land 214C TK 623C once so far.  :V

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
It's propably useless, but I like the way of doing a j623B j623C after her BnB instead of doing an airthrow (because of the wallslam :V). It doesn't do MUCH more damage, but looks cool. Though, its unsafe because the opponent can regenerate in the air and surprise you from far up, where he cannot be seen.

As said, (propably) useless. I've never seen a Miyako besides my casual one doing this actually.

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
It's propably useless, but I like the way of doing a j623B j623C after her BnB instead of doing an airthrow (because of the wallslam :V). It doesn't do MUCH more damage, but looks cool. Though, its unsafe because the opponent can regenerate in the air and surprise you from far up, where he cannot be seen.

As said, (propably) useless. I've never seen a Miyako besides my casual one doing this actually.

I'll do this, but only to get a kill. As you said it's not really a safe option.
<kijea> plz

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
I started adding on a j.A during the second air combo section, i.e. j.BC, j.ABC, AT. Haven't found a combo you can't use it on, just need to catch them as low as possible after 2C. I wasn't consistent enough with the low shoulder slam to risk whiffing the j.C, AT, but now that I am it's like free candy/beer.

Midscreen throw: T, 2C xx 5B, 2B, j.BC, j.ABC, AT (2337)
 - easy to readjust to j.BC, j.BC if you don't delay the 5B enough

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »
I was practicing some block strings today and I noticed this oddity. If you do 5B 6B 2A 2A with the last 2A delayed on crouching Sion, it's a frametrap everywhere expect in player 2 corner (i.e Sion in P2 corner). In P2 corner, Sion can jump out of it. I'm sure not if it's just another P2 oddity, so I was wondering if anyone can check this for out for me. I don't know how to switch myself as P2 when I go into training mode (so I can get Miyako dummy as player 1), if it's even possible. Thx in advance.