When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Valley Thread - SUM TOP TIER SHIT ODAMN  (Read 59665 times)

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Valley Thread - SUM TOP TIER SHIT ODAMN
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2007, 12:03:24 AM »
So what time should I show up at your place to get ready to leave for WT4. And how much money should I have to go to said tourney?
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
Bring 14 for both tourneys and however much you want for food/snacks. I will bill everyone for lodging and gas later on. Keep 75 bucks handy after the trip. I don't think it'll be that high, but... just keep it in mind so you have enough :P

We will not be staying with Arly as he says he doesn't have room for us. There's a Motel 6 we could crash at, or we could scout for a nicer and maybe cheaper place on the drive to Simi Valley. I would like to only have to spend one night in a hotel if possible. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A PLACE WE CAN STAY AT FOR FREE/CHEAP IN THE LA-AREA, PLEASE TELL ME.

If anyone has a tent or two, it's possible we could very easily stay at a KoA Campground in the area.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:03:34 AM by Choco »

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2007, 06:23:07 PM »
I guess a Motel 6 ain't bad... it's like 30-40 bucks a night, no?  That's ten bucks per person if I go.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »
Arly said it was more like 74.99 per night ~_~ We'll work something out if that's too much. I'm kind of keen on the camping idea, personally. I might invest in a 50 dollar tent if we plan to head out to Cali a lot for these sorts of things. Campsite = 25-35 bucks for a tent spot.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
I just got back from a camping trip with my family. Even with the fifth wheel, I was filthy- I even got dirt into the GBA port of my DS, somehow, and I didn't even fish. Also, four-five hours of fitful sleep per night.

My suggestion is: If you can avoid camping at all, do it. Note: I hate camping.

How many dollars is between you guys and everyone staying in one or two Motel 6 rooms, anyway? I still can't go, but maybe I can throw some money Brian's way if it'll help keep you guys in a proper hotel room.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
I would go as far to say that it's guaranteed that I'm not going if we camp out.  I get diarrhea in the great outdoors.  If it really comes down to it, we're staying at my old place.  As long as I bring new bedsheets, it will be fine.  Trust me.

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2007, 07:22:55 AM »
lol whatever, I'll be ready to go whenever....still don't know about the money thing though....=/.  I got some, but I gotta pay rent and my school tuition.  At least I'll have more than 20 bux this time...lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:25:32 AM by ssjlonewolf »
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2007, 07:26:17 AM »
If we have to stay in a motel, it doesn't have to be a Motel 6.  We can stay in one of the local-style motels.  They've got to be cheaper.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »
choco, sounds like you're all getting out of here on Friday, so I'll need to know whether you need help with funding by 3P tomorrow afternoon.

I can spare $60 or so. It's not a loan: Loaning money out is a good way to lose money and friends. It's pretty much thanks for your time and for hosting, but if it'll make you feel better, you can share your beer with me. Or your girlfriend, female relatives... I'm not picky.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
I have about 100 dollars, if thats not enough, I'll pay whoever back I need to at the next get together or something. Let me know, and I will be on AIM all night Thursday, to ensure a time that I would be picked up and such.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »
choco, sounds like you're all getting out of here on Friday, so I'll need to know whether you need help with funding by 3P tomorrow afternoon.

Yo, Dan. Don't worry about funding. I have a job that apparently pays more than your does :P  I have enough credit AND cash to cover everyone's expenses for the trip, but we're just working out the cheapest way for us to get over there, stay a couple of nights, and get home safely. I don't need your money! Beer sharing is enough :D

Hope to see you the week after West Toast 4, too. You haven't been around much at all lately. Tried calling you last weekend but I instantly got your voice mail. So, until next weekend... AZ GONNA BE REPRESENTIN', YO.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:41:54 AM by Choco »

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
Gotcha. I truly could have spared the money, tho- about the only good thing about living with one's parents is that you don't have much in the way of bills.  ;D

Yeah, my cell phone's dead. I need new batteries for it, but we don't have any in stock and the next purchasing season doesn't start until July. Ha, the one I had in it was for another model of cell phone. I had to tape it to the phone.

I'll PM you my home number.

I should get my own damn cell phone, but between the years I worked in phone support, all the times I answered my own phone to find that it was a telemarketer/fund raiser who'd called me, and my own hermit-like tendencies, I've come to hate the sound of a phone ringing. I associate phones with pain, frustration, and being trapped.

I'm still practicing MB, but I'm basically treading water. I can 1cc arcade mode on the highest difficulty level now, but this is more of a function of me figuring out the AI's foibles. There's just no substitute for playing against human beings.

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 36
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »
Dan, you need to show up more often!

Has your Baiken improved at all? Accent Core is out, but I don't have the money to buy it yet.
I sent that bitch a smiley face. Bitches  smiley faces.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »
You are too honest, Q Chu... be a pirate!

Even though your PS2 doesn't read burned games ; ;

I guess you could play it at Choco's!

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2007, 12:15:13 AM »
If you need anything while I'm at work, sent me a PM on the forum and include your email address, or just email me at bhagen@godaddy.com

Quick copy and paste from WT4 thread: Update from AZ crew:

We will be leaving at 1 PM and arriving near LA around 7-8 PM. Who wants some GOD DAMN MATCHES AT ARCADE INFINITY? If there will be at least two people to play us there, we will stay there for a few hours no problem. Any hotel recommendations at the time would be nice, too. Cheap = good Tongue

But yeah. AZ crew leaving at 1 PM, getting to AI at 7-8 PM, going to stay at a hotel for the night (or if anyone is willing to house four guys for the night, we'd definitely welcome the offer and play Melty with you Tongue Maybe even some monies!), waking up, heading to Interface and chilling for a while or exploring the surrounding area. PM me if you don't mind people staying at your place Tongue Four people in all. Choco, Mailorder, ssjlonewolf, and Shashin.

Looking hella forward to seeing you guys and Sp00ky there!

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2007, 12:32:09 AM »
Good luck, fags.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2007, 04:33:37 AM »
I've been brushing up on my art skills and I've been working on a team banner/collage thingy for us.  Really, I'm just having an excuse to draw again.  Basically, I'm drawing the character you play as but with a special twist that defines you, or something you like.  Basically... think of DBR's (California Melee team) banner.  I was really inspired by theirs.  Here's what I have so far:

Choco - Satsuki, dressed as Rin from Fate/stay Night
Jaxx - Nero, as a Black guy with an afro
Mailorder - Mech Hisui, dressed as Satoko from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

That's about it.  If you don't tell me what you want, I'm gonna get creative and decide on my own.  Like Shashin's gonna be a picture of Len.  And Vmoney's gonna have Black Arcruid wearing those giant clown glasses that he loves.  Yeah, Jaxx and Vmoney have Black characters because they're two Black guys of Arizona.  I said it.

And start thinking of team names.  I still don't like Melty Club.  And sorry Jaxx, I don't really like Top Tier Garbage either.  Hopefully, we'll come up with a name we can all agree with.

Like "MAILORDER Hyper Genki Squad ^___^!!!"

And yes, you must have the "^___^!!!"

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2007, 07:40:47 AM »
How goes, Q-Chu!

To tell the truth, I've played a lot less Guilty Gear than I've played Melty these past four weeks. As in, almost no Guilty Gear whatsoever. I'm kind of going through a Guilty Gear depression right now.  :'(

I'm still looking forward to receiving my copy of AC (which will be today, from the looks of the tracking info). I'm hoping its freshness will rekindle my enthusiasm for the game, and increase the incidence of GG session hosting in the valley.

So, uhm... how's yer ABA doing?

Good luck to everyone heading to WT. Hope you all have fun, and drive safely, now!

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2007, 07:46:38 AM »
I want Len to be holding her hands together near her chin, and her looking down to the ground with that sort of saintly look upon her. Same position as Iris in Atelier Iris:Eternal Mana, during the opening movie, except she will be facing slightly to the right.

Burn meh a copy of AC if you get a chance Dan.

I would also love KoF XI from somebody who has it.....

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2007, 07:52:46 AM »
I don't have a DVD burner, I'm afraid.  :(

Oh, and that reminds me: I had a dream last night that I'd received the package from Play-Asia, but when I opened the box, what I saw inside was not AC, but a copy of Katamari Damacy for the PS3.

Offline vmoney48

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »
I want Len to be holding her hands together near her chin, and her looking down to the ground with that sort of saintly look upon her. Same position as Iris in Atelier Iris:Eternal Mana, during the opening movie, except she will be facing slightly to the right.

Burn meh a copy of AC if you get a chance Dan.

I would also love KoF XI from somebody who has it.....

I have a copy of AC so I can give it to you when I get back.
I have an offer that you CANT understand.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
When I was like 14, I had a dream I had two heads.  And I had to pee, but I needed to concentrate since it was harder to pee with two heads, for some reason.  And I woke up, pissing my pants.

Reference for myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sIFFUje_Q (1:20)
Iris

-----

I've decided I want the theme of the banner/collage to be cosplay.  Imagine who your MB character would cosplay as.  Brian already picks a Satsuki color that's Rin from Fate/stay night, so I think that's a fun idea to build on.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 08:12:15 AM by Mailorder »

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
To tell the truth, I've played a lot less Guilty Gear than I've played Melty these past four weeks. As in, almost no Guilty Gear whatsoever. I'm kind of going through a Guilty Gear depression right now.  :'

Me too, actually. For some reason, my friends don't want to play much anymore, and now that Accent Core is coming out / already out, I don't feel any desire to play. I need to get an imported copy of the game, because my ps2 is garbage and can't read burned games, despite being modded. Although I've improved slightly in Melty, my ABA's execution has become absolute shit, and I found myself messing up her BnB sometimes when I played a few days ago. I'm hoping Accent Core boosts my interest again, enough to build up a scene.

I've decided I want the theme of the banner/collage to be cosplay.  Imagine who your MB character would cosplay as.  Brian already picks a Satsuki color that's Rin from Fate/stay night, so I think that's a fun idea to build on.

I'd say Rena but you've already got Higurashi covered.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:03:28 PM by Q Chu »

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »
Haha, yeah. That's at the root cause of my Guilty Gear depression, too: Lack of opponents.

I saw some amazing stuff during Devastation, the kind of skill I imagine one can only get through frequently playing the game against other people. Where does this happen? When does this happen? How do I get in on it? I don't rightly know.  :mystery:

I always feel guilty (bah-hah) about the Guilty Gear games I sneak in at choco's, because I know damn well that choco isn't stuffing his apartment full of heat-generating people so they can play Guilty Gear.

"But wait, whiny one, there's #R!" Yes, but #R is not Slash. #R online is not Slash + input lag + network lag: All the things I hated about 3S on XBL, really. Now that AC is out, I'm even less interested in #R.

The valley Guilty Gear scene needs its own choco.  :-[  The lack of dedicated Guilty Gear hosts and the pain this has caused me is the reason why I'm so appreciative of what Brian's done with Melty Blood. What Robb's doing is awesome, too, but he's got MvC2, 3S, GG, and I don't know how many other sorts of game fans to juggle, and that whole life thing, besides.

Now that I'm confident of my job security, I plan to move out of my house in three to four months, probably as close to my job as I can get (Mesa, mebbe Tempe). My dream is to host Guilty Gear games every Saturday when this happens, or at least as many Saturdays as I can stand.

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
Believe me, I'd be hosting meetups already if I didn't live with my mom, or on the far east edge of the city.