When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.  (Read 363238 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »
Yeah, if my PC didn't suck balls, I would have easily gotten it for PC and it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly that is not the case. :( And M$ decided to throw tons of $ at Ubisoft for this exclusive. x_X Ubisoft being a Western developer, somehow I don't think they can keep this as an exclusive forever. All their major titles have had multi-platform releases.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:42:02 PM by Sam Fisher Is A Badass »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 12, 2010, 11:35:30 PM »
I'd like to come down for a weekend to play and hang out. Ideally I would leave early Friday and arrive afternoon, and leave Sunday noonish. What's a good weekend?
Whenever this is going on, I would like to come down with at least one other.  Is that cool, and has there been a date decided yet?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 12, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »
When I asked bell, he said it would definitely not be this weekend or the next. But possibly the end of this month or early next month.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 12, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »
When I asked bell, he said it would definitely not be this weekend or the next. But possibly the end of this month or early next month.
Mmm, alright.  The transition between months is always the hardest time for me financially, but I'll see what I can do.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 13, 2010, 05:42:51 AM »
who are you kidding, tim, you won't make this either! :reeltok:
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 13, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »
who are you kidding, tim, you won't make this either! :reeltok:

doooooooooooooohohohohoho

We're looking at May 1st or May 8th right now.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 13, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
So was the ranbat still happening this weekend, or was it going to be delayed for this possible abnormally large gathering full of people who probably won't make subsequent ranbats? :V  I'm not overly picky either way, but I definitely wouldn't object to more practice between now and then.  Especially Sacchin practice.  Still need to see how she does against a less-inebriated/tired Choco.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
I think we should still have a ranbat, if it's not this weekend, then maybe next? Just so long as we have one for this month. Then when our guests visit next month, we can have another one just so long as it's not 2 weeks in a row. :V

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 13, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »
Ranbat this weekend. Ranbat on the weekend that bell and Spidey (maybe Lolisauce and friend) come down.

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 13, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it for real this week  :D Hopefully i wont fail to find a ride
They observe me operating my automobile,  They are prejudiced

Offline Territorial Oak

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 13, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
Man, why wasn't I doing 6c corner sideswitch combos before again?

That shit give guaranteed backturn and 4 way mixup.  WHAT THE HELL.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »
Man, why wasn't I doing 6c corner sideswitch combos before again?

That shit give guaranteed backturn and 4 way mixup.  WHAT THE HELL.
For the same reason I don't do superjump cross-up with Nanaya after a throw in the corner.

(That and people start mashing their ass off the second they see him superjump in that spot. It's kind of funny.)
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 14, 2010, 05:01:30 AM »
I have a Touhou PVC figure on pre-order scheduled for release this month. :|

Backtracking a bit, but somewhat related to this.  Since I'll actually have income again next week, I had a few PVCs I was looking to get.  I've noticed a huge price range for some, one in particular is a preorder that most places have for like $110, but I found a site selling for $45 if you preorder.  Is that kind of thing standard?

Also, the MH players might like this.  I got a laugh out of some parts, but it might not be for everyone =T

I'm gonna try to make it for real this week  :D Hopefully i wont fail to find a ride

You said you're in Avondale, right?   I don't intend to make a habit of this unless you get really serious about MB or GG...or F/uc...and are willing to pitch in a few bucks for gas money if it becomes routine, but I can give you a ride down to Melty House this Sat (free of charge for the first trip) if needed since I'm in western Phoenix, near 75th and Lower Buckeye.  Ride back is possible too, though I don't know what time I'll be leaving; usual is like 4-5am, but as I've been waking up around 7am all this week, it may be earlier.   No guarantees though, so if you need to be home sooner, it may be best to see if you can work that out with family or something.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:12:36 AM by Ryd. »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 14, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »
I have a Touhou PVC figure on pre-order scheduled for release this month. :|

Backtracking a bit, but somewhat related to this.  Since I'll actually have income again next week, I had a few PVCs I was looking to get.  I've noticed a huge price range for some, one in particular is a preorder that most places have for like $110, but I found a site selling for $45 if you preorder.  Is that kind of thing standard?
I'm not so sure if it's standard, but it's likely. It really depends on the places you look. It's a given that ebay is one of the worst place to buy PVCs but I look there anyway just to get an idea of how rare some might be. The one I'm after right now goes for as high as $200 there which is ridiculous since it's not limited edition or anything like that. A friend of mine has given me a few sites to look for stuff like this and one he recommended has it on pre-order (it's a re-release) which will be about ~$60. Where do you usually go?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:38:32 AM by Sam Fisher Is A Badass »

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »

You said you're in Avondale, right?   I don't intend to make a habit of this unless you get really serious about MB or GG...or F/uc...and are willing to pitch in a few bucks for gas money if it becomes routine, but I can give you a ride down to Melty House this Sat (free of charge for the first trip) if needed since I'm in western Phoenix, near 75th and Lower Buckeye.  Ride back is possible too, though I don't know what time I'll be leaving; usual is like 4-5am, but as I've been waking up around 7am all this week, it may be earlier.   No guarantees though, so if you need to be home sooner, it may be best to see if you can work that out with family or something.

Yes definetely, I can pay gas money and all that.  The only reason i would have to leave early is because no one wants to pick me up super late (which is understandable) I can stay out until whenever though. That will also give me more practice time, which is always good. I'll be accepting this offer for sure.

I'll PM you my adress

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 14, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »
HF - site in question is hobbyfan.com.  I don't strictly use any particular one as a main though; haven't really done a lot of PVC shopping, so I've been browsing around multiple sites to see what's available at which price ranges and stuff.  This one just caught my eye because it had a regular price listed at 109.99, with preorder at 44.99, while other sites did preorder for the listed price, or maybe like 10% off for preordering.

Kiiroe - throw a phone number in there too, if you can; makes it easier to coordinate stuff. 

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
Ah ok. Yeah, I myself don't do PVC shopping all that often. When doing PVC shopping, it's always a good idea to check multiple sites because chances are one of them is going to have a really good deal compared to the rest. My friend recently showed me amiami.com and they have a wide selection to choose from and the prices are much lower than every other site I've been to thus far. They have a 50% off shipping for this month too actually. The PVC I'm looking for is supposed to be released sometime this month so I can only hope it goes in stock before it's over. :V

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 14, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
Mine isn't until mid-summer =\  Then another one in late summer/early fall, but not looking forward to that one quite as much.  But wow, apparently the site I used has it even cheaper than amiami, which was still cheaper than every other site I've seen so far.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 14, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »
Wow what a coincidence. lol Too bad the stuff I was looking for is more expensive on hobbyfan and outrageously overpriced everywhere else. :\ Just more proof that it's a good idea to look at multiple sites. :|

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 15, 2010, 02:03:52 AM »
For Glide. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10362445 5 & 10:45 minute mark awesome Cvaki. Plays how I would play her, if I did.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Territorial Oak

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 15, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »
For Glide. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10362445 5 & 10:45 minute mark awesome Cvaki. Plays how I would play her, if I did.

shit looks whack =(

Gimme back untechable j.C and I'll think about playing her.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 15, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
Ugh, bonus overtime training at 8am Sunday, so I guess I won't be there too late this weekend; probably leaving around 1am or something.  Either that or sleep all day Sat, show up really late afternoon, and pass out Sunday after shit's done.

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 15, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
Hey, Choco I got a memory card ;D   

pretty cheap for a used one at play n trade

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 16, 2010, 03:02:14 PM »
Choco, for the sake of your PSP, I advise you give up MH.  Or at least only play in an extremely-well padded room for when you inevitably throw your PSP against a wall.  To say some of these hard-rank missions are "unforgiving" is like saying a bullet to the head is a "minor inconvenience".  Being one-shotted by a near-instant startup attack from full health is amazing.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
I lust to play F-Hisui so much today. Hosting around... 5 PM !? I could use a friend to play against earlier than that, even

Ranbats around 8 or 9 PM today - Is this a problem?