hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Northern California aka GET DAT MONEY SON!  (Read 181586 times)

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
Re: Northern California
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
If I had a gathering at my place in Redwood City this Friday, September 7, who would be able to come?
In general, Fridays are bad days for me.  I don't think I could make it.
-Tsubasa

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »
How about Thursday?

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »
Seeing as you jumped back a day instead of forward I'm assuming the weekend is out of the question?

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 09:55:28 PM »
Yeah. I always work Saturday and Sunday. I usually work Fridays as well but this one is an exception. I actually work Thursday too but it's pretty brief.

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
Okay, it'll be Friday (tomorrow) from 1PM to midnight. PM me if you need my address. I can pick people up from the Redwood City Caltrain station if needed.

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 07:57:06 PM »
Well, since this isn't Sac-related talk, I need to bump the original NorCal thread.

I've mentioned this to a few people before, but it has never been stated here:
Probably the best regular sessioning in NorCal would have to be @SJSU anytime mid-day to evening Monday-Thursday.  Although, if you have to shoot for any one day, Wednesday is likely the best choice.  We're always in the Student Union, lower floor, right outside the bowling alley.

magz and I are always there cause we have a lot of time before/between/after classes.  Other people who attend the school: Sims & buzzsaw.  Regular faces who'll swing by include: Dakanya, Sataya, LastElixir, and Shobes.  Occasionally we'll have Alt and Devereaux there.  New faces are welcome.

We have our laptops going most of the time, so BYOC.  Occasionally we'll pop into the bowling alley and play on the cab there (HAPP 360's and competition buttons).  They've recently lowered the price to $.25 a continue, so it is much more reasonable than the $.50 a play it was before.

Contact magz or me if you want any more details.
-Tsubasa

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
yay!  there's active nor cal MBers.  XD
Though I used to live near SJSU, I'm up here near SF.  8D  Anyone else nearby?  Btw, will there be any weekend SJSU MB gatherings?  I have a chance to go to those.    :fap:
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline Idolo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 12:51:29 AM »
*GASP*.

i feel betrayed O_o

nah not really. it sucks how us Sac players live frickin 2 hours away from you guys though :'(
フタエノキワミ アッーーーーーーーー!
The pinnacle of フタエノキワミ アッ-ism.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
Alright SJSU people. So I just found out that I did not get the job, meaning that when my layoff takes effect at the end of October expect to see me alot more for practice. The goal is to see myself on par with Magz, Alt, and Tsubasa (when he's mad) by next West Toast.

EDIT: This also means that I will have no extra money to pick up stick so it will still be pad for me. (I was hoping I could get the boobless version of Mizuki's to up my mind game. Loli psych out! :V)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 01:41:01 PM by Devereaux »

Offline Last Elixir⑨

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
Alright SJSU people. So I just found out that I did not get the job, meaning that when my layoff takes effect at the end of October expect to see me alot more for practice. The goal is to see myself on par with Magz, Alt, and Tsubasa (when he's mad) by next West Toast.

EDIT: This also means that I will have no extra money to pick up stick so it will still be pad for me. (I was hoping I could get the boobless version of Mizuki's to up my mind game. Loli psych out! :V)

get a stick damn you. Put it on your credit, ask your parents (mow the lawn or somethin), sleep with a fat chick, whatever needed. (I'm a bad friend btw)

j
manbeard

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
Btw, will there be any weekend SJSU MB gatherings?  I have a chance to go to those.    :fap:
Unfortunately, we don't do anything @SJSU on weekends.  At the most, there's the chance we'll call each other up for small sessions with probably no more than fourish people at a time @someone's house.

So I just found out that I did not get the job, meaning that when my layoff takes effect at the end of October expect to see me alot more for practice.
My condolences on the loss of a job.

The goal is to see myself on par with Magz, Alt, and Tsubasa (when he's mad) by next West Toast.
You make me out to be like the Hulk or something. XD;

EDIT: This also means that I will have no extra money to pick up stick so it will still be pad for me.
I'm with LastElixir on this one.  Stick is the way to go. 8)
-Tsubasa

Offline DivineKnightX

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »
Damn it! All you dudes come to Detroit! make MB seen in Le Detroit. Theres only like a handful of us who play......

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »

This is all truth! I finally figured it out at West Toast. When you get mad, "unrestrained Hisui" comes out and mercilessly dishes out the "David Wrath" on anyone in your way.

...Don't believe me? Rewatch the replays for 73cm Cup and you will see.

Offline Sentenru

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
Why is everybody soooooo far away from each other?!?!?  :(
awww.....whatever, As long as there are MB players around, I could care less,

This is all truth! I finally figured it out at West Toast. When you get mad, "unrestrained Hisui" comes out and mercilessly dishes out the "David Wrath" on anyone in your way.

This is soooo interesting......I have never played against you Tsubasa, but  next time SAC and SJ meet, I want to see if I could unleash your "fury"  :)

Offline Idolo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »

devereauxs right. you unleashed that "David Wrath" all over my hisui in my first match -_-
フタエノキワミ アッーーーーーーーー!
The pinnacle of フタエノキワミ アッ-ism.

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »
Damn it! All you dudes come to Detroit! make MB seen in Le Detroit. Theres only like a handful of us who play......
That isn't even close to close to close to NorCal ???

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2007, 10:19:25 PM »

Wow, you are stupid.
what the fuck is this game

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 06:32:06 AM »
Mini-session today @ SJSU. Anyone in the area who doesn't already know that today is the best day to come down should take note of this.

(Read: Alt and Dev need to come down here like right now.) >_>
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
Mini-session today @ SJSU. Anyone in the area who doesn't already know that today is the best day to come down should take note of this.

(Read: Alt and Dev need to come down here like right now.) >_>

A late night session perhaps?

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 11:29:02 AM »
Someone wanna come pick me up? I'm just sitting here at my local Starbucks surfing some nets.

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:16 AM »
anyone here catching the DVC action on friday?  there seems to be an mb and GG scene there.   :V
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2007, 08:46:57 AM »
So... about that gathering on Saturday...

Anyone got any new info about it? I know it was me who proposed it and everything but somewhere along the lines things left my sight. Now it's Friday and I have no clue what's up.

To sum up what I know: (or think I know)

• We have changed the meet to Sataya's place as everyone and their dog wanted to come.
  • This means that the meet will be somewhere in San Jose. (PM for directions??)
  • The meet is planned for sometime Saturday. I'm guessing that it will start in the afternoon.
  • Sataya is jealous of my Shiki playing and secretly wants to pick up Shiki himself.

If you have any info about this feel free to add whatever you might know or correct me on any info (except for the last point) I have so far.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »
Wait, wut?

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »
anyone here catching the DVC action on friday?  there seems to be an mb and GG scene there.   :V

I'm there in the afternoons. There's a couple of guys that know how to execute, one that's OK with the scrubby characters (nanaya/shiki), me, and couple of people that just started. I'm trying to help the new peeps as best I can, though I'm not very good. So yeah, there's people who play. Not everybody all at once every day but something can be arranged I'd think.

As for GG, there's 4-5 fairly good players, and a few douchebags that usually come for mvc2/3s tue/thu.

I got some good games today vs a wlen player who actually made a 1-2hour trip to get there O.o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:24:03 PM by mir »
There's nothing to fear now.

Yar1030

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »

I'm there in the afternoons. There's a couple of guys that know how to execute, one that's OK with the scrubby characters (nanaya/shiki), me, and couple of people that just started. I'm trying to help the new peeps as best I can, though I'm not very good. So yeah, there's people who play. Not everybody all at once every day but something can be arranged I'd think.

As for GG, there's 4-5 fairly good players, and a few douchebags that usually come for mvc2/3s tue/thu.

I got some good games today vs a wlen player who actually made a 1-2hour trip to get there O.o

Lulz would that description be me?

Sup Norcal MB scene.

i'm new here. and i go to Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill.
I play GG almost everyday and MB with mirr. (and i force ppl to play KOF).

maybe some of you met me before.

for GG. only like 4 of us play it mostly. i guess i am ok. and the others are alright.

and about the Capcom players...they invade tuesdays and thursdays afternoons at 11am or 12.