When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA  (Read 293017 times)

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Re: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
Melty and food is best combo.
That's one combo that should be a #1 at every place. Also don't drop this combo.

Diners & my laugh also have to be on standby with that combo as sides.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
Melty and food is best combo.
That's one combo that should be a #1 at every place. Also don't drop this combo.

Diners & my laugh also have to be on standby with that combo as sides.

There was nothing quite like waking up to the sound of that laugh.  :emo:
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Hey guys. Serious business about to go down. I talked to the owner of Eight on the Break and he said that he'd be completely fine with me running melty tournaments there so long as they run on days nothing else is running. Before I start busting my ass organizing this, who would make the bi-weeklys/monthlies if I start, how much should the tourney be[no venue fee], what time and what days would be best?

Get back to me ASAP guys
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #953 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »
Hey guys. Serious business about to go down. I talked to the owner of Eight on the Break and he said that he'd be completely fine with me running melty tournaments there so long as they run on days nothing else is running. Before I start busting my ass organizing this, who would make the bi-weeklys/monthlies if I start, how much should the tourney be[no venue fee], what time and what days would be best?

Get back to me ASAP guys

I was JUST thinking why the Break doesn't have like Friday or weekend events of the sort, I'd SURE as hell would come & charge $7 ($5 for pot & $2 to the venue to at least show support).
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #954 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »

Get back to me ASAP guys

Good shit Roku.  If you guys show enough interest, maybe they will upgrade to CC when it comes out next month!  You should all definitely goto this. 

Why not ask for a small venue fee and have them set the cabs to free-play mode.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 21, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
I was JUST thinking why the Break doesn't have like Friday or weekend events of the sort, I'd SURE as hell would come & charge $7 ($5 for pot & $2 to the venue to at least show support).

Owner refuses venue. The support would be going to the arcade, enjoying it, playing off some of the cabs and buying the food [which is cheap as fuck and still good]

So don't worry about that.  Oh, and for those that don't know, parking is free after 6pm. That and it's easy to find parking space as well.

P.S.: If I start wanting more #'s at these tournaments, I might run BB/GG on the side. Big maybe at the moment though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:26:47 AM by Rokunaya »

Offline Achtzehn

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I couldn't pick Free in gender
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 21, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »

Owner refuses venue. The support would be going to the arcade, enjoying it, playing off some of the cabs and buying the food [which is cheap as fuck and still good]

So don't worry about that.  Oh, and for those that don't know, parking is free after 6pm. That and it's easy to find parking space as well.

P.S.: If I start wanting more #'s at these tournaments, I might run BB/GG on the side. Big maybe at the moment though.
As the guy who tried to run BB there before (this was back before console release so I was running it on the cab, cotty was godlike enough to let us use event mode on the cab which had auto free-play) I would strongly suggest that you run both. I can't say how much of the melty community will come out since I'm not that familiar with it but the only people you're gonna be getting for these things is people on the forums. At least if you run both you get SOME spill over which means at least more numbers in general. Most I ever got for BB there was 9 people, and all of them were from dustloop... So don't expect much in the way of new faces, but if you can get a decent amount of people to come out and play it's still worth doing. Obviously it's your call on BB/GG, as far as I know most of the people in jersey that play BB play MB so I can't see it being that bad a thing. Keep me posted on it, especially if you need help running it.
I heard LK money matched jimmy, and jimmy had to cut his hair to pay up.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
8 on the break is awesome, Pop n music!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Achtzehn

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 21, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
8 on the break is awesome, Pop n music!
I heard it was gonna get updated soon, also IIDX is godlike. Who goes to the break for fighting games, seriously.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #959 on: September 21, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
Make it Saturdays.

Also make note that NYC can get to these pretty easily but have to take note of the last train.

Otherwise they'll have to book a room at the hotel down the way.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #960 on: September 21, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
Make it Saturdays.

Also make note that NYC can get to these pretty easily but have to take note of the last train.

Otherwise they'll have to book a room at the hotel down the way.

This was what I was actually thinking is the biggest problem unless someone wants to house people. Honestly it's the reason I don't go to 8oTB on Tuesdays so the hotel thing isn't a bad idea but housing is preferred if possible.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
These tournaments are most likely going to be biweeklies at best so they're nothing you should seriously book a hotel for imo..

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
These tournaments are most likely going to be biweeklies at best so they're nothing you should seriously book a hotel for imo..

Actually it'll depend on what time you start & do you have a date in mind? Also I think this should be moved to its own thread now, just my 2 cents.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
I think it might be better to make them less frequent.

More people will show up to stuff that they know a lot of people are showing up for. With travel costs and whatever responsibilities people have, I'm not sure if people could make biweeklies regularly. I think it makes more sense to give everybody one day they'll definitely want to shoot for. If people hear that a lot of people are going, people who wouldn't normally have had the drive to show up, probably will. If you spread it too thin, I don't think it'll have the same impact.

Hahaha.. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 21, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »
Fridays would be most convenient for me.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »
Fridays would be most convenient for me.

wut.

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Offline Achtzehn

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »
Well, up to roku how he wants to run it. However when I was running BB there I would start the tournament at like 2 PM on the weekend, so that way people could come out and not be stranded (and since they were generally small still be able to do shit with the rest of their day). Just a suggestion, however I do realize that not everyone has an easy way to get there at certain hours or on certain days. Oh and make it 5 dollar entry, 10 is too much for something like this.

EDIT: oh yeah, whats up with this thing at mitsuwa? sounds pretty godlike, especially if buttons are also involved.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:27:35 PM by Achtzehn »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #967 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
lol

Good luck running three different games in that place.

Last time that happened it was ECC12.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 22, 2011, 12:51:22 AM »
I.....hmm...

I actually wouldn't mind coming. Hurry up and make it already. I need more stuff to do with my life.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »
Friday or Saturday works for me.  If it's mon-thurs I can only make it if I can leave well before 10pm, which I doubt would happen.

Offline Tony Shiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Backdash x ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 22, 2011, 04:12:19 AM »
If it's Saturday then I'm in, weekdays are filled up with work and classes so that won't work for me. Sunday is also good.
The safe word is "Counter!!".
"I don't like how now a days you have to pay 60 dollars to play a fighting game beta"- Zaelar

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 22, 2011, 04:14:25 AM »
8 on the Break is a little far for me but I'd probably be willing to go out for that, to be honest.
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 22, 2011, 05:02:23 AM »
It's a 2 hour drive for me. I'd consider showing up but probably not every time.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:04 AM »
Ok guys, I'll talk with the manager about friday or saturday.

Probably can't promise anything at all, though, so don't get your hopes too high
 :nyoro:

Shoutouts to becoming a MB organizer lately. Someone had to do it, right?   :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:57:35 AM by Rokunaya »

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »
We're in it, guys. Friday is apparently a good day to do these, I'll run them a bit late at night and try to wrap them up early, which shouldn't be too tough.

I just need to get back to him regarding which Friday in particular, I'm currently trying to find one. First of October isn't looking good for me with exams, so it'll probably be the second week of October [which runs directly on CT's AnimeFest :<]
I can wait til the 3rd week of October, but I dunno. Which friday looks best for all of you?