hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results  (Read 38698 times)

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »

Whew... theres so much to say... First off, I had soooo much fun this time around(overall... Chibi's constant "Kill Nam"'s during my matches were a bit annoying... -.-;)  I learned so much, and it was great having the New Yorkers come over to teach us a thing or two. Come back soon kay! Another thing I realized that I think its becoming fucking tradition that C3 is won by a non Virginian.

I'll start encoding the matches tomorrow, I'll probably get the majority of the vids done by the end of the week, but I have a test on thursday, so it might put a damper on things. Now, on the the obligatory shout outs.

Chibi: Hisui mirror matches are  :emo: and I really wish it wasn't the goddamn first match of the tourney(like, couldn't it have been a climatic winners finals that we meet or something, come on!) But it did show me a couple more tactics i never thought about before. Sry if my randomivity fucked you up(it tends to do that to people but only once) and THROW MORE POTS!!! I am pretty sure that my only advantage against you was the fact that I was throwing pots and you weren't.

Zar: Man, I never got to meet you in the brackets (which is probably for the best) but the casuals afterward were really fun. Even when I was losing, I was having a blast. I shall beat you... one day!

Lord Knight: Our match, even though I lost, was probably the most fun I ever had, though you may not have the same sentiment. And your match with chibi was just complete lols.

Rei: 2A on wake up IS A VIABLE STRATEGY!!! GAWD!!  ;D

B.B. Hood: You didn't win... Its just you see, the allergy medicine I took gave me a dry mouth, and EVERYONE knows that dry mouth drastically affects ones game.  Like, if I didn't have that dry mouth, you'd never have a ch :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Xaq: I didn't get to play against you. Hope you get a good night sleep tonight.

Tiamat and VR: I'm sorry you had to fight each other >.<  It was an unforseen consequence of the brackets.

Everyone else: GEE GEESS!!!

And one last thing. I got 5th... Chibi got 4th. I beat Chibi. There is no justice in this world.   :'(

Replays:
Replays have expired. If you want the replays just give me a holler, though I think anyone who wanted them got them.
Now, onto the videos:

First Round
Zar vs MT Fighter
Master Chibi vs Nam
B.B.Hood vs Rei
Nas vs Tiamat
Eli vs VR
4r5 vs Tornado Flame

Loser's First Round
Master Chibi vs Rei
MT fighter vs 4r5

Loser's Second round
Vr vs Tiamat
Nam vs MT Fighter
Nas vs Eli
Master Chibi vs Tornado Flame

Loser's Eighth Finals
Master Chibi vs Tiamat
Nam vs Nas

Winners Quarterfinals
Eli vs Xaq
Tornado Flame vs Zar
Lord Knight vs Tiamat
B.B.Hood Vs Nam

Winner's Semifinals
Both of them

Winner's Finals
Xaq vs Zar -01
Xaq vs Zar -02
Loser's QuarterFinals
Nam vs Lord Knight
Master Chibi vs B.B.hood

Loser's Semifinals
Master Chibi vs Lord Knight

Loser's Finals
Lord Knight vs Xaq
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:42:54 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
man I thought chibi beat you i was looking at the wrong hisui or something lol

poor VR's motivation died a painful death lol...he mighta beat me if he actually tried...the first match is kinda funny...you'll see why when you get around to it lol...

and my match with chibi was like how many times can tiamat mess up easy warachia combos for no good reason lol

oh well good seeing you guys anyway

Offline VR-Raiden

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:54:05 AM »
forgot there was a separate section for tourny results  :psyduck:

gg's guys...well I only played Eli and Tiamat in Melty Blood :V
I failed this time :-\ gawd my matches were embarrassing...XD

Tiamat, our match was lol I just couldn't take that seriously  :mystery:

having to fight you first match in gg was enough for me

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
God dammit VR and Tiamat. Stop with that Neko Arc bullshit! lol. We recorded over your match too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:27:16 AM by Rei »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »
Man, those neco arc matches were too pro. It was like, back in the day of Smash 64 when everyone was convinced that kirby's down b was the best move in the game.

Offline Wu-Tang FInger Jab

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • "This Game Sucks!!! It Doesnt Even Have an S-Link!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
i wasnt able to enter :emo: next time im coming alone. not like it would have been a big deal, wouldve been a giving away my money.....i did get some games in....i knew i was bad but not that bad, that was a confidence killer.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
Were you that guy who was fighting Lord Knight? With the Ciel... I think...

Offline Wu-Tang FInger Jab

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • "This Game Sucks!!! It Doesnt Even Have an S-Link!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
naw...he was one of the people i came down with. I was the other, slightly worse, guy playing Arcueid and Nanaya against someone playing Hisui.....

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »
Man, those neco arc matches were too pro. It was like, back in the day of Smash 64 when everyone was convinced that kirby's down b was the best move in the game.

is that move new in this version?  i totally don't remember it so I was just spamming it cause it looked awesome lol

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
lol, I should have saved the Arc vs Neko Arc match between me and Reloy. Too good :D. I won too ;P.

Offline VR-Raiden

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
Stop with that Neko Arc bullshit! lol.

??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
you suffering from memory loss bro?  I know we were tired but not THAT tired

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:04 PM »
hey hey gg's to all.... i need to start doing other things besides long ass block strings... at least my bnb's were hitting all night... first in v.b2

shouts to the NYC... hopefully it's not your last time coming .... cuse that was alot fun.... mad at xaq for not saying anything....

i think ill be fine next tourney....
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
Nas, I love your shiki combos because you're the only one who does them... and they work! And your nanaya pressure is just really funny.

As an FYI, when I post vids, I think I'm going to just post them over here on this topic,Once on the first post, and I will also make a separate post announcing that the first post has been changed. I would put them all on the Kohaku Video room, but the thread intro says:
Kohaku's Video Room
The only room in the entire mansion with a television. Non-Tournament Video posts go here!

so I'm a bit reluctant.

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 89
  • GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 03:19:05 PM »
xaq was sleeping all over the place. he must of been tired

Offline VR-Raiden

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »
you suffering from memory loss bro?  I know we were tired but not THAT tired

no no, you misunderstand lol nevermind. :psyduck:

If possible it'd be nice if melty was done a little earlier next C3
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:53:05 PM by VR-Raiden »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »
yea...might not be at the next one need to see if I can get a ride again

next time i play I may bring out my secondary...I'm too stubborn
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:12:54 PM by Tiamat »

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »
Got 4 vids and a total of 10 fights encoded today. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
1. I played far too aggressively in that match. You were repeating block strings that I caught up on, but wasn't punishing accordingly (a-der, let me jump every time you shove a charged 5C at the end of a combo, or not bara-books when you do 5C and THEN the entire rekka for 6C afterwards). I should have put out chair to counter pot books, and then thrown out plate, but that's life, live and learn.

Outside of that I can't say anything about your Hisui because I lost, and the fact that perhaps outside of freaking Dippy that I've already played the two 'Hisui' players in the US already and lost means I have to know MORE about who I'm playing, and less about the fact that it's a mirror match.

More then anything it keeps me going to become the best Hisui player in the US, so thank you for the match up expierence.

2. I was screaming at LK because I always get hype for my friends and I love getting hype in general. Hell, before I went to Evo I hated Veteru, but as soon team tournament started on Friday I was screaming and clapping and going nuts for the guy. I will shit talk, I will pick at everything, I'll want to slam my head into the wall, that's how just how I am with this game, but I enjoy every minute of it. That's how NYC is in general.

naw...he was one of the people i came down with. I was the other, slightly worse, guy playing Arcueid and Nanaya against someone playing Hisui.....

That was me ;p. Keep at it! Your Arc was better then your Nanaya, don't give up :)!

4. This is the last time I'm going to C3 for a while, probably not until mid next year. I'm taking a break (along with Zar) in general with traveling 8+ hours to get to play people in MB. It's about time you guys started coming to us, that is if you really want to step your game up or show some dedication to the game / scene.

I had fun mind you, C3 is always fun, but I'm an old fart, and under two hours or less is all I'm willing to travel for anymore.

:P

5. 623+B really is too god damn good as an AA, and 5B is absurdly god like for a poke. This tournament proved I need to use 5B alot more, and to make use of 623+B as best I can because it was rocking fools all day. LOL at a full-screen normal getting counter hit out by 623+B. Too good.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:23:52 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 09:37:30 PM »
1. I played far too aggressively in that match. You were repeating block strings that I caught up on, but wasn't punishing accordingly (a-der, let me jump every time you shove a charged 5C at the end of a combo, or not bara-books when you do 5C and THEN the entire rekka for 6C afterwards). I should have put out chair to counter pot books, and then thrown out plate, but that's life, live and learn.

Outside of that I can't say anything about your Hisui because I lost, and the fact that perhaps outside of freaking Dippy that I've already played the two 'Hisui' players in the US already and lost means I have to know MORE about who I'm playing, and less about the fact that it's a mirror match.

More then anything it keeps me going to become the best Hisui player in the US, so thank you for the match up expierence.

2. I was screaming at LK because I always get hype for my friends and I love getting hype in general. Hell, before I went to Evo I hated Veteru, but as soon team tournament started on Friday I was screaming and clapping and going nuts for the guy. I will shit talk, I will pick at everything, I'll want to slam my head into the wall, that's how just how I am with this game, but I enjoy every minute of it. That's how NYC is in general.

That was me ;p. Keep at it! Your Arc was better then your Nanaya, don't give up :)!

4. This is the last time I'm going to C3 for a while, probably not until mid next year. I'm taking a break (along with Zar) in general with traveling 8+ hours to get to play people in MB. It's about time you guys started coming to us, that is if you really want to step your game up or show some dedication to the game / scene.

I had fun mind you, C3 is always fun, but I'm an old fart, and under two hours or less is all I'm willing to travel for anymore.

:P

5. 623+B really is too god damn good as an AA, and 5B is absurdly god like for a poke. This tournament proved I need to use 5B alot more, and to make use of 623+B as best I can because it was rocking fools all day. LOL at a full-screen normal getting counter hit out by 623+B. Too good.
Well, in the same respect, I left a couple 5c's unpunished as well. From what I see, you can do sooo many more things than me, its just, you mess up when doing it, and I take advantage. Plus you got predictable. I mean so did I, but I guess I caught on faster than you did. It was Get me into the corner, Blockstring, ex dust, Iad J.c, land,iad J.C, land, poke, throw. And you also spam j.2c a lot. Sometimes it worked, other times you were left open. Because of all that, I knew when the best times to heat were, because I could see you weren't trying to bait it. Though, most of my wins were from pure surprise. Like that charged pishi. No one ever uses it because it only works once. Some times not even that much.

If it weren't for the fact that I have no income and school > everything, I would probably travel to NY and play with you guys. I have friends over there anyway that I can visit afterward, but thats if school wasn't > everything

And 623 b is can also get you killed if you fuck up, and frankly, even I don't want to take that risk.

but wasn't punishing accordingly (a-der, let me jump every time you shove a charged 5C at the end of a combo
Great antiair isn't it.  :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:59:56 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:46 PM »
hey zar if possible, i'd like to get the casual match replays i had with you. i want to look at all of my errors and all of the silliness i was doing. like, teching multiple times after a throw to be thrown again (repeat x4) and doing a super getting thrown then teching and doing a super again, only to be thrown once more. that and i can look at all the accidental arc drives that were supposed to be ex flametongues. that and my flash of stupids (trying to otg after the 3 wallslam rule as opposed to using an ex flamepit). that and look at how i can improve my oki game. i could have sworn zar was able to get inside my head and read my oki's like a book within just a few matches.

EDIT: if i delete a post do i get my post count back down to 69?

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »
well you know i come up to play you guys... as for the C3's im sure they'll be fine... we got alot of regulars going to play so im sure it'll be fine ( i thought that had something to do with buri anyway lol).... so just do ya'll thing.... oh and zar i've been doing that IAD charge c (landing early) into throw/aka low shit down nicely... can't wait till w2z or Deathburger or whatever tourney i go to next...

haha gg's to lord knight... even though i call him random sometimes... i hope dosen't take that to heart....
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »
Just watched the match.

1. You're right, I did iad j.c a bit much, I should have mixed it up ALOT more.

2. There was still some points where you literally just stood there and I was like  :mystery:.

3. Twice I had you in the corner after throw, I put bento out, and twice you woke up with 2.A. That's why I why I get all uppity about shit like that.

4. 623+B IS REALLY FUCKING GOOD, START USING IT PERIOD. I'm really freaking serious. If you're worried about someone nailing you for it because it whiffed, keep some meter ready and cancel into ex-dust, simple as that.

5. Holy ass how many times did I forget to dodge out of 5C. Farts, that was free damage for you. I think I counted four times I just moronically jumped backwards into it.

6. Regardless of my mistakes and things I need to work on, this is the first time in a long while that I'm happy with how I played. You can tell how bloody freaking hungry I was to just kill you, just not completely empty headed as I tend to be (still, it did end up blinding me a bit).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:43:09 AM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »
Nam, get the Chibi vs Lord Knight shit up there. That was the most amazing 5B I've ever seen. Now it's Hisui-Chaos.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »
LOL Nas I was being silly.

Zar >.> I'm gonna figure out how to get past your shit.

XAQ, sleep during the day fool.

MC Chibi: :p

Nam; Wtfux

Rei: I believe in your talents.

More when I get to my friends room.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top