hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA  (Read 293043 times)

Offline Sharkkato103

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA
« Reply #475 on: February 14, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
Hey, completely new player here.  I live in Needham, MA currently (at Olin College of Engineering), which is about 30 minutes from Boston.  Just thought I'd let everyone know I exist  :P.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
Hey there, Sharkkato. We've got a small community of Melty players thriving in the Boston/Eastern Mass area that would be welcoming if you want to play with us. Check out the tournaments and events section if want to get involved.  ;D
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Hey, completely new player here.  I live in Needham, MA currently (at Olin College of Engineering), which is about 30 minutes from Boston.  Just thought I'd let everyone know I exist  :P.

Oh word your from Needam?  Dude your like 15 min. away from me.  I live in Waltham.  Like LPT says if you have time this saturday you should really comedown to Malden and chill with us.
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline Sharkkato103

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 14, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
Thanks! I think I'll try to do that. Don't expect me to be good at all though T.T.

I have a car, if anyone needs a ride as well.  Though I need to check my schedule and see when this is happening, but I'd really love to go.

Offline DRz

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »
Hey guys, new here and from New York, voted for melty for Evo so it's only right I make an effort to play the game for the event. I've spent like a week attempting to get my sf friends to give the game a shot so I have people to play with, no luck :(. So any information I can get on breaking into the game in the NYC area(I live in Queens) and just generally having fun with it would be greatly appreciated(I searched the thread and posts date back a while so I felt the need to ask).

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »
Thanks! I think I'll try to do that. Don't expect me to be good at all though T.T.

I have a car, if anyone needs a ride as well.  Though I need to check my schedule and see when this is happening, but I'd really love to go.

Yeah definally, we need to chill and I can at least teach some basics and then LPT could teach you from there.  I've been playing a lot H-VSion lately and I think you said that your learning to play as her and stuff, I dunno.  But yeah last time when I was there I had a lot fun and also it was my first time meeting up with LPT and the other cats u know?  So yeah lemme know cuz if you can then you could possibly pick me up @ Waltham and go from there.
H-Vsion

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »
I know hardly anyone checks this, but I will be in NY sometime mid June. I think a BBG should happen D: I'll know exactly in a month.
what the fuck is this game

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »

Offline lain102300

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 11, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
Are you stepping your game up Boston? I'm up for casuals whenever.

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 11, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »
Are you stepping your game up Boston? I'm up for casuals whenever.

Every week going to Zero's house and playing some games dude.  Does that answer your question lol?
H-Vsion

Offline lain102300

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 11, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Depends. Are you any better?

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 11, 2010, 08:38:04 PM »
Lain are you free at any time on Tuesday?
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #487 on: March 11, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Technically, I live in New York.

State, that is.

I'm on the opposite side from you folks in Buffalo, sadly.

Got my moral support, though. :)
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 23, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
Technically, I live in New York.

State, that is.

I'm on the opposite side from you folks in Buffalo, sadly.

Got my moral support, though. :)

Buffalo's gonna have the new version for arcade though, it's up in Lewiston near the border but still a lot closer than NYC lol.  Right now people have been gathering at Celestein's bar/arcade (barcade) that he's working on opening, mostly for SF4 but he and another kid play Melty.  Sometimes shit goes down at my place in Cheektowaga too, but try the barcade first.  I'll let Celestein know you're here, he'll give you the scoop.

Obviously that pertains to all of you guys as well, I heard from Fox that CTF isn't gettin dat melty?   We got it when it drops this summer lol.  :toot:

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #489 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »
Well now. That is a stunner.

Arcades are pretty damn dead around here, so I really have not too many people to play Melty with at all. Thus, compared to you folks I suck ass.

Could improve if I had people to play with though and began taking it a little more seriously. :P

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »

Arcades are pretty damn dead around here, so I really have not too many people to play Melty with at all. Thus, compared to you folks I suck ass.

Could improve if I had people to play with though and began taking it a little more seriously. :P

Don't automatically assume you'll do poorly, it's still a new game relatively speaking.  I'm just learning it myself but I've been playing fighters longer than the others, so lately I've been winning more often than not despite not knowing a lot of tricks and character specific stuff.  But the more people we have playing, the more we'll all learn.

In any case we're more laid back about winning/losing than some of the SF4 players we have in Buffalo.  Most of them are really cool people though don't get me wrong, so if you play that as well there's a MUCH larger community to play with.  But for Melty your best bet is gonna be Saturdays, I'll get Celestein to give you the details.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #491 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
Nice to see someone supportive of that then. I know some real hotheads and egos when it comes to winning and losing so one where they're a bit more supportive is nice, and definitely encouraging to newer players to the series as well. I'm no Melty newbie in terms of knowing how the game flows; I just don't have much PvP battle experience under my belt.

I suppose I should pick up more than just C-Akiha though. She'll probably always be my prime, but it can't hurt to learn a few more. Leaning towards C-Ciel as a good alternate. One or two more couldn't hurt either, although I find Half and Full moon a bit too "restrictive" in various ways for me to ever really grasp them.

Offline utilityname

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
University Pinball
« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
Hey guys new to meltybread. Do any of you play MBAA at UP in Philly? Heading over there around 6:30, thought I might try to find some comp.

Also, Is there a thread with fewer states that I could use for posts like this? Both Philly threads appear to be event specific and the only one for Jersey is one guy looking for NJ comp about a year ago. I just feel a tad excessive announcing arcade meet ups to the entire northeast lol. 

Thanks

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Re: University Pinball
« Reply #493 on: March 24, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »
Hey guys new to meltybread. Do any of you play MBAA at UP in Philly? Heading over there around 6:30, thought I might try to find some comp.

Also, Is there a thread with fewer states that I could use for posts like this? Both Philly threads appear to be event specific and the only one for Jersey is one guy looking for NJ comp about a year ago. I just feel a tad excessive announcing arcade meet ups to the entire northeast lol. 

Thanks

Where around the Phillie area are you? (Can't make it to UP today though...)

Also I was feeling the same, maybe we should make a new thread for NJ/PA
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Rorec

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »

Don't automatically assume you'll do poorly, it's still a new game relatively speaking.  I'm just learning it myself but I've been playing fighters longer than the others, so lately I've been winning more often than not despite not knowing a lot of tricks and character specific stuff.  But the more people we have playing, the more we'll all learn.

In any case we're more laid back about winning/losing than some of the SF4 players we have in Buffalo.  Most of them are really cool people though don't get me wrong, so if you play that as well there's a MUCH larger community to play with.  But for Melty your best bet is gonna be Saturdays, I'll get Celestein to give you the details.

Didn't know Buffalo had a small MB scene, we have a few over here in Rochester as well :) Should get that onto the list for the next Rumble  :toot:

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 29, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
Didn't know Buffalo had a small MB scene, we have a few over here in Rochester as well :) Should get that onto the list for the next Rumble  :toot:

With DP here it'll be a grand whopping total of 4 players lmao.  I'm not even really practicing it much, just having fun with it.  As far as Rumble goes I dunno, Chach and I aren't speaking anymore, so I won't be involved with Rumble directly.  But he doesn't give a shit about Melty, so if Brian (Celestein) runs something, I'll show up and hang out I guess.  Might not even enter, I really just don't care about competing anymore.

Maybe I'll get a spark when we get out of towners for Closed Circuit when Brian gets it for his barcade.  And I'm pretty sure we will get out of towners for that, lol.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »
With DP here it'll be a grand whopping total of 4 players lmao.  I'm not even really practicing it much, just having fun with it.  As far as Rumble goes I dunno, Chach and I aren't speaking anymore, so I won't be involved with Rumble directly.  But he doesn't give a shit about Melty, so if Brian (Celestein) runs something, I'll show up and hang out I guess.  Might not even enter, I really just don't care about competing anymore.

Maybe I'll get a spark when we get out of towners for Closed Circuit when Brian gets it for his barcade.  And I'm pretty sure we will get out of towners for that, lol.
That's more competition than I've had. I'm not really competitive anyway, though... at least, not in fighting games.

Now, Unreal Tournament, I'll take people on in a heartbeat. I placed fourth at MassiveLAN 2005, so I know my stuff there. :P

Offline Celestein

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »

I actually count 8 players, but not all of us actively play it like we do(getting together just for melty).

And yeah, it was already decided I'd be hosting a melty tournament at the next rumble.

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 31, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
Who are the rest of the players?  Most of them I thought either just played casually between SF4 games, or have just disappeared?  Actually maybe Crab will play him in UT, doesn't he play FPS more?  I know my cousin was pretty beast at 2k4, played on some competitive teams.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #499 on: March 31, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
Competitive in what? TAM? IG CTF?

One can be competitive in certain areas, but not others.